• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Sarah Palin Reportedly Quits Bus Tour Halfway Through"

shelgarr

Registered Member
If it's true, what a shame! And if it's true, I bet it's for a good reason. I'll be glad to see how this all shakes out.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I honestly dont believe she's going to run.

I see Palin as more of a gimmick than an actual Do-er. She's a fantastic head to have at a Rally, however I dont honestly believe she is ready to run for President. The more I see news articles like this the more I feel she is more interested in Family Matters than being POTUS. And theres nothing wrong with that.

After years of Watching Presidents enter the White house full of energy and leaving after their final terms weathered, gray, and aged beyond belief... I dunno if I wanna see Palin go through that kind of Ringer just yet.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I actually feel kind of bad for disillusioned Palintologists right now. Look at these excerpts from the reader comments today on conservatives4palin.com:

PEC111: "Of course she is known for the unpredictable but there is no way this tour is going West Coast, MidWest and South Carolina all this month. I for the first time am having true concerns that she has decided not to run. Don't blast me too hard."

TheTotalConservative: "I hate even seeing these rumors. If she skips 2012 and endorses Perry it will be tragic and a let down to everyone that is rooting for her. Dick Perry is Not Good Enough."

RuthieAbramson: "But if she's not running, she would have said so long ago, right? She certainly wouldn't let us all hang on and on like this."

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The half term governor has a half term bus tour, how poetic.

Ten bucks says it just wasn't getting the publicity she wanted and that's why it's over.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Ha, Good Ol' Sarah is playing games with words and playing the victim yet again. The article on her derailed tour--and it is derailed--never said "demise" or"canceled." It said this, which is entirely accurate and which Sarah can't "refudiate":

Scott Conroy said:
Though Palin and her staff never announced a timeline for the remaining legs of her trip, aides had drafted preliminary itineraries that would have taken her through the Midwest and Southeast at some point this month. But those travel blueprints are now in limbo, RCP has learned, as Palin and her family have reverted to the friendly confines of summertime Alaska, where the skies are currently alight for over 19 hours a day and the Bristol Bay salmon fishing season is nearing its peak.
She had promised to go to Iowa and South Carolina. Now she's not going, until further notice. Reason: jury duty? And she didn't explain herself until public speculation started, then blamed the media for a news gap she created. Grizzly, please! She learned a thing or two in college, all right. The manipulation of her mesmerized flock of junk food sound bite consumers is not altogether subtle. But then, with them it doesn't have to be. ;)

shelgarr

Registered Member
Wow Tuck....so hostile. Why so much hate toward someone that is just spreading their belief? Even I can't muster up that much toward Obama. Maybe someone like Rev Wright I could, but he doesn't compare to Palin because he is against America, whereas Palin is in love with her country.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Wow Tuck....so hostile. Why so much hate toward someone that is just spreading their belief? Even I can't muster up that much toward Obama. Maybe someone like Rev Wright I could, but he doesn't compare to Palin because he is against America, whereas Palin is in love with her country.
"Hostility," that's rich. Don't make me quote you on hostility! Thanks, though, for admitting that you harbor hatred for our president. Somehow I could tell.

shelgarr

Registered Member
"Hostility," that's rich. Don't make me quote you on hostility! Thanks, though, for admitting that you harbor hatred for our president. Somehow I could tell.
Admitting that I harbor hatred? Did you read that I can't even muster it up? Probably not...you read what you want. Quote me all you want, and I'll tell you how you misread all that too.