Santino

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think everyone on these forums love Santino Marella. I think we can agree that he's pretty much the funniest wrestler today. Do you believe the WWE should keep doing what they are with Santino, or do you believe he should get another push, and become a more serious wrestler? Or do you think he would be a great color commentator on Smackdown?

Thoughts?

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Santino is only employeed because he's funny so I wouldnt turn him serious...maybe ever. I dont think he's talented enough in the ring to get over as a serious character but maybe I'm wrong. It's not like we've seen him in there all that much. He's usually just talking or following Beth around.

I'd like him as a color commentator but I think he'd get sorta annoying after a while.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think Santino is destined to forever be a novelty/comic relief character, which i don't mind! As far as comedy characters go he's pretty funny, and it seems like he's willing to do anything to get a cheap laugh :D

I guess it remains to be seen how long he can maintain a career in that path, but so far he's really over with the crowd. The Santino chants get louder every show.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think Santino is the funniest thing in wrestling since Stone Cold/Jericho and The Rock, which is saying a lot because those guys were hilarious. People love Santino, they cannot get enough of him because he's so damn funny. I don't want the WWE to change anything from Santino, I hope though that he doesn't turn more into a female.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a color commentator, it would be pretty damn funny to listen to what he as to say every week.