• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Sandy Hook massacre video game

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A video game that allows players to re-enact the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT has sparked widespread controversy. The game’s creator addressed some of the issues raised about the game in an audio statement in which he insisted that the game has a gun safety message.

Video game allows players to re-enact Sandy Hook massacre | The Raw Story
I can't believe they are doing this. I don't blame people for being mad about it I don't care if it does carry a gun safety message. There's people out there that are still heartbroken over their loss and they do this.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't get it. In the article it says the creator is activley against gun violence. He's even quoted as saying he wants to move down here because we don't have it.

The Hartford Courant quoted game creator Ryan Jake Lambourn’s statement, in which he talked about leaving the U.S. and moving to Australia, where gun violence has been sharply curbed since strict gun control regulations went into effect in the 1990s.

“Guns are no longer a noticeable part of Australian culture,” Lambourn said. “Here we are nearly a year after the Sandy Hook shootings in which 26 people were killed and absolutely nothing positive has come out of it.”
If he is so against gun violence how does he think this game is going to help? To him this is game is some anti gun violence message. But I don't see it.

Have to admit, I'm confused by the whole thing. I think this guys message got lost here.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm confused by this as well. It does sound like this guy wants to have his cake and eat it too. "OMG! I made this hugely controversial game that will upset everyone! But you can't complain because I'm against gun violence!" Erm... what?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
It is offensive, that's the point though, he's using it to get his point across.

I still think this is terribly distasteful and he really shouldn't be doing it, he has every right to do it though. This is the same guy that made the Virginia Tech shooting game.

If I recall, there was also a Columbine shooting game.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I know he has every right to make it, if he wants. I just wish I could understand how he's trying to get his anti-gun message across with this. It doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe it's a shock thing or something like that. Making people outraged about the game could make them more aware of gun issues? I feel like I'm grasping at straws with that but I don't know how else it could be.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I agree with Cru. I don't see how doing this advocates anti gun laws. What good could possibly come from this? At best, it's just another game. And a distasteful one at that.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree he shouldn't be doing this and it is really distasteful but he has a right to do it. If he is the one that made the other shooting games I have to wonder if its a anti gun message he is wanting to get across or publicity for himself.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Honestly, we can't know his true intentions, but he sure isn't helping his own case if he wants me to believe that this is not just a cheap grab for publicity. I just don't see how a game like this benefits anyone, anywhere, ever. I'm just not seeing it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I was wondering if anyone as actually tried the game? It's pretty boring. I get where he says he made it for gun safety with one of the game modes (the mother was responsible and had the guns locked in a safe and he didn't know the combination), but than you just get a sword and go on the rampage. The last mode was where all the teachers had guns as well, but they aren't quick enough to shoot this cowboy.