Sanctions against USC football

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Source: Two-year postseason ban for USC football - ESPN Los Angeles

Wow. That's pretty huge. No wonder Pete Carroll got out of there when he did. Should affect their recruiting for sure the next few years. They're still loaded with talent though. I hate Lane Kiffin and I hope the program collapses.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

As someone who dislikes USC, I find this hilarious. Assuming they don't appeal and win their case, this will probably hurt them in recruiting quite a bit.

This really couldn't have come at a worse time for USC. They are already coming off their worst season in a long time, and now they are taking this big hit. USC suddenly isn't the sole go-to place on the west coast for good football players.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Only thing I don't like about this is the fact the future must pay for the past. Other than that...well done NCAA!

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah that definitely sucks but I guess there's no other way around it.

Huge news, though. If the Big 12 dispands and they add Ok, Ok St, Texas etc etc then USC is gonna be in big time trouble competing.

At least initially.

5. Major

At least Lane Kiffin was with the program at the time.

I don't have any confirmation of this yet, but I heard USC will be stripped of their '04 BCS Championship.

6. Babe_Ruth

I personally think it's going to happen.

This is pretty much Reggie Bush's fault, do you think they'll take away his Heisman trophy? Do you think they should take it away from him?

Thoughts?

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Vince Young already said he wouldn't accept it if they stripped Bush...should be interesting.

I guesss Pete Carroll got out right in time.

8. Major

Well if Reggie Bush was considered to be ineligible for violating NCAA rules, they should definitely take away his Heisman. I heard that the Heisman would just be vacated for that year, that they wouldn't give it to Vince Young or anyone else.

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

As petty as this may sound, I hope that if Reggie Bush loses his Heisman it is just vacated. If Vince Young said he wouldn't accept it, then that would most likely mean that it would go to Matt Leinart as the 3rd place vote receiver if it's not vacated, and that would make him a two time winner, and I really would like to see Archie Griffin keep the title as the only two time winner.

Either way, I'm all for punishment. They fucked up and need to get punished for it.

10. Babe_Ruth

How much of an effect do you believe this will have on this Football program?

Personally I believe this is going to be a huge blow for this program for about five years or so. Just like it did to the Miami program back in the early 90's. This isn't a good situation to be in right now for this team.