• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Samurai X

Vegito728

Registered Member
I wanted to know what you all thought of this OVA. I really liked it I thought it was one of the best anime I have ever saw. The ending I thought was good also all around it was a good anime.

M

Masakado

Yes, definitely one of the best Anime Movies out there. I watched it like 10 times already, lol.

I love everything about it.

L

lilbballfrk

ooh! i think my brother has all of it. IF it was.. IT WAS GOOD. lol

G

Glory_Questor

The uncut original OVA series (Trust, Betrayal, and Reflections) was really good. Definitely a two-OVA beginning part that could lead right into the TV series, then finish with Reflections and his later life.

I never did see Samurai X: The Movie, nor the movie-influenced reedits of Trust & Betrayal: Director's Cut or Reflections: Director's Cut.

F

figet

i really liked samurai X it was full of gore and blood with an awsome story line to why kensin was called the the legendary batosi i hope i spelled that right

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Glory_Questor said:
The uncut original OVA series (Trust, Betrayal, and Reflections) was really good.  Definitely a two-OVA beginning part that could lead right into the TV series, then finish with Reflections and his later life.

I never did see Samurai X: The Movie, nor the movie-influenced reedits of Trust & Betrayal: Director's Cut or Reflections: Director's Cut.
Reflections is not a part of the original OVA as if my memory serves me right it takes place after the series where Trust and Berayal take place before.

F

figet

the uncut version was awsome the gore was insane but well worth it i would recomend this to anyone that hasent seen it cuz its really good

G

Glory_Questor

Kos4Evr said:
Reflections is not a part of the original OVA as if my memory serves me right it takes place after the series where Trust and Berayal take place before.
Yes, it takes place after the TV series. 

However, there is a sequence in the Reflections OVA that does reference events from Betrayal, which are not part of the TV series.  It is also marketed and placed under the Samurai X banner, although all of it are all Ruroni Kenshin and should be treated as one complete story.  The "Samurai X" name is for marketing purposes, as the "Kenshin" name was already licensed and marketed in the U.S. by Media Blasters for the TV series, so ADV Films could not market it under that name -- although reversible covers with the original three-OVA boxset would seem to indicate they could use the name as a "special feature".

(As I said earlier, I am not going to comment on Samurai X: The Movie or the Director's Cut re-edits of the original OAVs, as I have not seen them.)