Same-Sex Marriage

Which of the following best represents your opinion on same-sex marriage?

• I favor domestic partnerships or civil unions with some but not all the benefits of marriage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Homosexual couples should have as much right to marriage as straight couples, end of story.
I'm not really a fan of marriage fullstop to be honest, but I really don't see a problem with gay ceremonies.
I like tradition [to some extent] and nuclear families, however I still do not see a problem.

Also, I'm aware that the sentences 'im not a fan of marriage' and 'i like tradition and nuclear families' sounds like a huge contradiction :lol: If you need me to explain...

I don't like the idea of marriage for me on a personal level, and that somewhat applys to rest of society too.
However, I think that if people are going to get married, when nuclear families work out, they work out very well, and are beneficial. I'm aware that other types of family are exisitant and just as adequte in a lot of cases.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I dont have a problem with and cant see why people do,if two people love each other enough to commit to each other in marriage they should get treated as a married couple,it should not matter if they are of the same sex or not.

My brother and his husband have been married for some time,and still face some ridicule about it,even having people tell them that because they are a same sex couple there marriage is not as real as a straight couples.

BigBob

Registered Member
Marriage should be about two people who love each other, regardless if it's a male and female, two males or two females (Hell, why not 2 Females and 1 Male!).

..but really, I see no problem with it. I've had gay friends in the past and it didn't bother me at all. If they want to get married, go for it. No one should be allowed to stop them.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't believe in forcing marriage to be defined any differently since it is after all a religious ceremony and we don't have the right to tell them what they can and can't believe. However, civil unions should allow all the same benefits of a marriage under the eyes of the government since those religious crowds tend to turn away homosexual unions.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Let people fuck who they want, whether it is another man another woman, or a differant sex partner. The government should not be allowed to intervene with true love. Through out history, differant sex partners live unhappily together married, while some same sex partners truly love eachother unmarried. I don't see the sense in allowing this atrocity to go on.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
This is the other issue along with abortion where my Religious and Libertarian beliefs clash. Where I am all for the government staying out of private lives and people can be gay all they want, there is that other side of me that says marriage is between a man and a women only.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Well, I think that marriage through a church should not be viewed as legal through the eyes of the state. That the religious aspect is just ceremonial, and you must be married through the government. Now, I think that once married in the church that before hand you can get it approved by the state, but unless you do that it isn't an actual marriage.

And don't call them civil unions ffs, I hate that so much. I also believe if you opt out of the religious part of it that you still get the exact same benefits as if you didn't opt out.

I don't know how much of that is used today, because honestly I really don't know much about our marriage system.

Last edited: