• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Same sex dislikes

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Looking in my past, even today, almost all my better friends have been male. I do not mean "friends" as in sex or anything to this nature, just in general. I have had a few close female friends, but only very few. I can never figure out why this is, it just is, and I would say this holds true for me even over the internet.

So maybe I am alone with this? Or do you ever feel a degree of dislike for the same sex?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Meh in my experience girls who have a lot of male friends tend to like the power they can have over them, not in every case.

I have a really good mix of friends, I get on well with both sexes.

Hiei

The Hierophant
No, I don't get that. I think guys just make better friends because our hormones aren't always in a state of flux which makes us a lot easier to deal with. Girls are fucking crazy. I know a LOT of girls who would say the exact same thing as you, and I figure it's because everyone knows that girls are crazy and even girls know it. Maybe don't want to admit it, but that's probably why the only girls that have more girl friends than guy friends are the ones that really should be locked away....crazy.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't dislike other women in general, only if they are skanky whores who flirt with every guy around and do everything in their power to get attention from guys.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I didn't think about it before but it's true. Most of my forum friends are girls. Dunno why but maybe cause I dont do spectator sports much and dont know much about cars, lol. I do have some forum friends that are guys but I dont talk to them as much.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
No, I don't get that. I think guys just make better friends because our hormones aren't always in a state of flux which makes us a lot easier to deal with. Girls are fucking crazy. I know a LOT of girls who would say the exact same thing as you, and I figure it's because everyone knows that girls are crazy and even girls know it. Maybe don't want to admit it, but that's probably why the only girls that have more girl friends than guy friends are the ones that really should be locked away....crazy.
Hahaha girls are insane. True that. But theres something comforting about having a group of friends you can show that side to!

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I generally have friends of both male and female, and I find there are benefits to having both.
e.g. I like the odd game of pool and that, or having a go on a computer, and most my female friends wouldn't be caught dead doing those things - well, obviously. Those sorts of activities I like, and so having a few male chums about for a game of that or whatever is pretty cool.

However, I do personally find that my female friends are a lot more enwisened to the real world than blokes, and to be honest they teach me fuck loads. I'd say I have more female friends than blokes, but that's because talking about a cool yard, or a loft conversion or other shit like that, is pretty frigging boring. Yet, most of my male friends can't get enough of that. I don't find the interest in such stuff.
I don't learn anything from them that I'd care to use. Having a laugh and spouting dull facts at each other is all cool and gravy, but I prefer hanging around women who often will give me some ideas on I dunno sorting my finances out, or perhaps unintentionally giving me some idea of how they tick... Which I find pretty fascinating.
Also they always talk in the acquired tongue of gossip, which I can barely come to replicate, but hearing the vapid shit they have to say often makes me laugh, or garner some sort of useful information or 'just in case' information. Also they're about a trillion times easier on the eyes than a bloke's manky, ugly, drooling fizzog. So if it was a choice I'd prefer hanging around women.

If you get me, or can appreciate/understand that lot. I know what I mean. Sorta.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I wish to clarify, I do not mean dislike like to say I will not be friends with another female, it is just a small degree of dislike or discomfort for most other females. I am just more comfortable speaking to males on most subjects than other females, and this is maybe the biggest reason I have had better friendship relations with males rather than females. but why this is? I do not know.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
My closer friends are all female, mostly due to circumstance. I get on better with guys because of a few reasons but don't tend to stay friends for too long because I find with most of my friendships it's the other person making more of an effort to stay in contact etc. And I think girls are better than that compared to guys. In my experience, anyway.

Actually, it's funny because I always seem to become really good friends with my (girl)friend's boyfriends*. So I'm gonna put that down to the fact that I generally get on better with guys mixed with keeping in contact because of the girlfriend link.

*Anyone who knows me will know I don't mean that in in a whoreish way, at all, haha. It's never been a problem with the (girl)friend in the past.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say my closest friends are pretty much all males for whatever reason. Most of the girls who are my friends are sisters of my friends or are dating my friend. Actually, two of my closest girlfriends moved to Milwaukee and Denver so maybe that's a sign haha

I get along with both though pretty easily. I can pretty much hang out with anybody and be okay with it. I mean hell, at work there are so many girls who I get along with fine so who knows.

Last edited: