Salutations!

AdrienneEHouseman

Registered Member
Greetings. My friend Kazmarov directed me here. I am an author (published, but not under this pen name), and I am using my pen name on here. It is a joke on the name of my favorite poet.

Let's see. What to say about myself.

Interests: math, literature, martial arts, science, just about anything that has intellectual merit... I am curious
Favorite Prose Authors: Patricia Briggs, Steven Brust, Jack Vance, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Faulkner... I like a lot of other people, that is just a list off the top of my head.
Favorite Poets: A. E. Houseman, Milton, Yeats, Colleridge, Keats, Shelley, Byron, Browning (both of them actually), Rossetti (both of them too, though I like her better)... And many many more... I am most fond of the Romantic period poets, and this is only a listing of poets in English that I like
Favorite Playwrights: William Shakespeare (I am more fond of his plays than his poetry, though I like both), Ibsen, Oscar Wilde... Again many others
What I Write: Mostly short stories and structured poetry (sonnets, chant royale, ballades, etc...), though I am working on a novella/short novel at the moment.
What I am Willing to Read: Anything that actually has thought put into it. Poetry that isn't spilling out things onto the page with no thought or effort to structuring it in some way (I don't care if you came up with the form, but give is some sort of form)

Personal Info:
Sexuality: lesbian
Religious Views: Pagan
Languages Spoken: English and French fluently, and a smattering of other things.

If you have any questions, I'll answer, I am running out of steam on what to say.

Adrienne Etienne Houseman

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Greetings my bespectacled comrade!

Though I despise the forms of poetry you create, I respect that you're willing to admit that you're using forms devised centuries ago by people with ridiculous wigs.

:D

AdrienneEHouseman

Registered Member
Heh, I won't argue poetry with you. Since you seem to have pretty good taste on it for the most part... But that doesn't mean that we must agree. Do you like any of the poets that I like?

Adrienne

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Welcome to the boards, we have another lesbian on board who's real chill and awesome, I'm sure you two will get along just fine. I's very impressed that your writing/poetry selection expands from different generations, very nice.

~Shwa

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Wow that was a hell of an intro!

welcome to the forums, glad you're here!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forums, I am very glad you've decided to join these forums, and I'm hopeful you'll become an active member at these forums, we have a lot to offer so browse around and see what you like.

AdrienneEHouseman

Registered Member
um...Emily Dickinson? :shake:

I know just as much about poetry as I do about astrophysics.

Welcome to the boards!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually not that fond of Dickinson... And poetry and astrophysics: two of my favorite subjects :lol: I am, indeed, a nerd. :D

Shwa said:
Welcome to the boards, we have another lesbian on board who's real chill and awesome, I'm sure you two will get along just fine. I's very impressed that your writing/poetry selection expands from different generations, very nice.

~Shwa
I like stuff that I think is good. I read a lot of the SF and Fantasy for escapist reasons, though some of it (like Jack Vance's work) is just plain good. And I read the older stuff cause it is just plain good.

Thanks for the welcomes from everyone! I hope that I find fun things to do on here. :D

Adrienne