• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Salt and Pepper

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you add Salt and Pepper on anything?

For me, I don't add salt on anything, haven't done so for about seven to eight years now. I know a lot of the food that I eat has salt, but I'll never add it.

I love pepper. Will always add it to my pasta, pizza and a lot of other things. I just love the added taste to food when I add pepper.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really bad about adding salt to some thing, like eggs. I've gotten a ton better about some stuff that I salted when I was a teenager or in my early twenties, like fries from a fast food joint. They're already salty enough haha. Limiting this would be a big plus for me, but man healthy eating does not come easy for me.

Pepper I'll add to my eggs too but otherwise I don't use it a ton. I like it, it just depends on what I'm eating I guess.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I do a fair amount of cooking these days and I've learned that it's important to season most things with salt and pepper while you cook, but I literally never add salt and pepper at the table. It's just not quite the same throwing it on food that's already been cooked.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I use a bit of both. I'll definitely salt my steak and put pepper on a baked potato or eggs. I don't go crazy with it though.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I do a fair amount of cooking these days and I've learned that it's important to season most things with salt and pepper while you cook, but I literally never add salt and pepper at the table. It's just not quite the same throwing it on food that's already been cooked.
Yep, I'm the same way. I just recently started to learn how to cook meals at home and I always season my pasta sauce and mushrooms with salt and pepper but also Italian seasoning, oregano and red chili powder. If I'm cooking pasta I always boil the water with some sea salt. Same with chicken. There's nothing worse than sprinkling salt and pepper on an already cooked chicken.

And yes, I started eating chicken earlier this year for health reasons. Bye bye, vegetarianism... for now.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I rarely salt food that is already cooked except for eggs and french fries, then I salt lightly. Now I will put a lot of pepper on veggies, gravy and eggs but none on FF.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Use to...not too much anymore though. Pepper, sure, but we add as little salt as possible.

Impaired

Registered Member
I stopped using salt when I cook due to my mother in law's medical issues. That said, I like salt and recently bought a salt grinder. I could not exist without salt and pepper. I prefer fresh cracked pepper. I feel bad for those who cannot have salt.