Salmons Chooses Raptors Over Suns

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Philadelphia Daily News - John Salmons has made his decision, and it’s Toronto.

Salmons, a 4-year veteran with the 76ers, has agreed to a sign-and-trade that will send him to the Raptors, according to a report published by Phil Jasner of the Philadelphia Daily News. He chose Toronto over an opportunity to join the Phoenix Suns .

Salmons, 26, has agreed to the terms of a 5-year contract worth $23 million.

The Sixers will receive a second-round draft choice and a $2 million trade exception.

“John had two great choices and chose Toronto based on a variety of factors,†Salmons’ agent Joel Bell told the Daily News this afternoon. “He wanted to think through all the possibilities before he reached a decision.â€

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41507/20060713/salmons_chooses_raptors_over_suns/

2. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

good better pick for the sixers

3. RajaB

RajaB Guest

great...BC is doing a terrific job. now that we have salmon i am sure that we will be a playoff contender.

4. Babe_Ruth

Brian Colagelo is doing an awesome job by changing the face of the Toronto Raptors. John Salmons can ball he never had the chance because he was playing behind Allen Iverson most of is career. He finnaly got the chance to play this year and he averaged career highs.

5. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

billy king is doing good so far, if iverson gets traded now im happy

6. Babe_Ruth

Billy King is doing good job what as he done? He lost a good combo guard for a second round pick, what else as he done except for drafting no names. He's done nothing.

7. wbbfan

wbbfan Guest

Very good move for the raps. We got a super versatile pg/sg/sf who scored over 7ppg with AI and Cwebb taking a huge amount of phillys touches. Not to mention korver.
    We now have very good depth at all positions other than C. We couldn't have gotten a player of this calibre for the money we gave up in expemtion or the 2nd next year.

8. Babe_Ruth

Very well said Wbbfan. He's a very talented young player. Everytime Philly played the Raptors and John Salmons came on the floor he impressed me very much. Also what I like is that hhe chose to come here, we haven't seen players doing that in awhile. I like this move a lot.

9. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Shawnesty, its good pickup for the raptors. ;)

Anyways, its great to see that a Free Agent picked the Raptors instead of the Suns. That is amazing, look what Brian Colangelo is doing. Just amazing.

Im sure Brian will get a phone call from the suns tonight, which wont be pleasant.:)