• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Salads

Dabs

Registered Member
The simple food, supposedly great for the dieters. Starts with some lettuce, maybe a few carrots, radishes, onions, anything else? How do you start your salad? And what do you pile on top? I like tomatoes, mushrooms, then the dressing and then cheese. Gotta have cheese! What kind of salad dressing do you usually prefer? Not sure what other countries have, but here in the United States, my favorites are Thousand Island and Ranch, but if having a Greek salad, I go with a light Italian or oil dressing. Then I like some shredded cheddar cheese on top :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Salads are the best, I hardly go a day without eating salad. I eat all sorts of salad but my favourite is this Strawberry and spinach salad that I just love. It's amazing.

Dabs

Registered Member
Salads are the best, I hardly go a day without eating salad. I eat all sorts of salad but my favourite is this Strawberry and spinach salad that I just love. It's amazing.

Crouton, I have never heard of a strawberry and spinach salad, wow, is it tasty? I sometimes like to add a few strips of white chicken pieces on a salad too.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love good old caesar salad and a few other basic ones. Not a fan of onion, raw cabbage or radishes, in fact I don't like them at all. Cheese is always good though!

The simple food, supposedly great for the dieters.
I think it's also where a lot of dieters make mistakes. In restaurants, the salad can be more calorific than many other things on the menu :-o because of the dressing, obviously.

Dabs

Registered Member
I love good old caesar salad and a few other basic ones. Not a fan of onion, raw cabbage or radishes, in fact I don't like them at all. Cheese is always good though!

I think it's also where a lot of dieters make mistakes. In restaurants, the salad can be more calorific than many other things on the menu :-o because of the dressing, obviously.

Yes absolutely Rebeccaaa, I have heard it's the dressing that makes the salad diet fail :shocked:

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Cukes, sunflower seeds, mung bean sprouts, hard boiled egg, chick peas are all toppings I enjoy!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cannot eat salad without cheese in it. I don't like a lot of none sense in there either.

If you give me a garden salad with lettuce, cheese, a tomato, and croutons I'll be content. Altough I do like other things in as well...minus radishes and cabbage. I love ranch dressing the most but Italian is also good.

Caesar salads are a favorite as well.

qweerblue

Registered Member
I love salads!

One of my favorite addition to any salad is toasted pine nuts --yum :D

One salad I make a lot involves a nice, crispy green, like romaine, tossed with some arugula, which is not as crisp as romaine, but has a wonderfully peppery taste. I then add toasted pine nuts, thinly-sliced red onion, oven-roasted tomatoes (I don't like sun dried tomatoes so much, at least the jarred ones I've encountered; my local store has a bar where they sell oven-roasted tomatoes, and I am in love with them), sliced green olives, and some shredded parmesan. I usually top this off with a good Italian dressing--oil based, not creamy.

Another way I like my salads is with romaine and arugula, which is usually the base for all my salads, topped with toasted pine nuts, chopped avocado, and thinly sliced red onion. I use Ranch on this one...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Crouton, I have never heard of a strawberry and spinach salad, wow, is it tasty? I sometimes like to add a few strips of white chicken pieces on a salad too.
Yeah it's amazing, it's sort of sweet but we have it with our main dishes. So good!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am a boring salad eater. I only like lettuce, onion and cucumber in there. I am more of a vegetable fan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EllyDicious Food & Beverage 23
SpanishLily Food & Beverage 8