• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Saints Row: The Third

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have never really been a fan of the Saints Row games but a friend sent me this video on youtube and based on what I have seen in this seven minute demo I will be pre-ordering this game, it just looks so much fun :D

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's really over the top this time around...that makes it look like a ton of fun as far as free-roam, but it also makes me question how cool it's going to be in its story mode...because of that the jury's out until I read reviews, etc.

I was a big fan of the first two, though, and thought that they were quality alternatives to GTA vs. being cheap knock-offs. I only beat the second one about a month ago or so...some of the prospects are just crazy...a car with a cannon that lets you vacuum people inside and then shoot them, for one.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Saints Row 2 sold me. GTA 4 was so incredibly boring to me and when I found SR2 I nearly shit myself with joy. It was everything GTA wasn't: fun, addictive and fucking crazy. Not to mention, it was twenty bucks at the time. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Saints Row 2 sold me. GTA 4 was so incredibly boring to me and when I found SR2 I nearly shit myself with joy. It was everything GTA wasn't: fun, addictive and fucking crazy. Not to mention, it was twenty bucks at the time. I'll definitely be picking this up.
This.

I think the thing with GTA 4 is that there's such a high dosage of realism in that game, it's seriously starting to hurt the franchise. To be honest, the only GTA games that have been able to hold my attention were Vice City and San Andreas (and let's be real - those were the only good ones.) I'll definitely be picking this one up since I'm a fan of the Saint's Row franchise.

lol @ the giant purple dildo.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I mean, GTA was awesome, GTA 3 was even better and then GTA4 was just . . . eh. SR2 is just batshit crazy and has a ton of the sorts of things you'd love to be able to do in an open world. Not to mention, it didn't have that bullshit "Can't travel here until the story reaches this point" limitation that GTA is famous for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KSpiceFantastic Video Games 13
Bubbles Video Games 8
Merc Video Games 14
Stab-o-Matic5000 Video Games 4
R Video Games 2