PlayStation 3 Saints Row 2 or GTA IV?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I've actually had the privilege of playing both them and I gotta say they both have their strong points. Saints Row is just mindless fun and GTA IV held it's ground with an intense story. However, I just couldn't come to terms with GTA because I personally thought that Vice City and San Andreas were the best to come out of the GTA franchise. (For me, it couldn't really get much better than that.)

In the end, Saints Row 2, was for me, albeit the game has a lot of glitches and bugs. The missions were fun, the customization options were great as well, because unlike the first Saints Row, you could create a girl (Yay!) So, my question is, what's your take on this? Did you like Saints Row 2 or GTA IV?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I have yet to play SR2, but GTAIV was amazing and was my game of 2008. I really loved it and when the game ended, I was truly satisfied (which I really never was with game endings before.) I am excited to try out SR2, though.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
GTA 4 bored the shit out of me. I wasn't the least bit enthusiastic about it but Saint's Row 2 was just epic. It was such a relief to play a game with such lighter and funnier tones than GTA a series with such a super dosage of realism lately that is hurting it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I never played Saints Row 2, but I think GTA IV is way overrated. I've tried to finish the game twice and both times I ended up getting bored, so I still haven't finished it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fun game, but it's just not as entertaining as Vice City or San Andreas. The missions get extremely repetitive, and there aren't nearly as many interesting side missions as in the other GTA games.

I haven't played Saints Row 2, but I thought GTA IV was pretty good. It looked great and I enjoyed most of the story. It did drag in parts but overall a fun game.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I took this topic to heart after I replied, and bought SR2. Having fun so far. Def. more bizarre than GTAIV.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Actually I went to EB Games yesterday, and I got a $50 PSN card. I took the oppurtunity to download the official Saints Row 2 DLCs (which have been around for almost a year now) - Corporate Warefare and Ultor Exposed. There's about 7 brand new missions with them, and they're so much more fun than the original in-game missions. Customization options are great too. It's completely worth it for the cars and the clothes you get. The Unkut Clothing DLC was so-so. Not that great but it was free, so I guess I got what I paid for lol

Well Ya Know GTA IS a whole point game meaning it serves only one purpose... EVIL!!! in a happy way ofcoarse. Well Atleast for your Adrenaline Thrill Levels that is. Anyway GTA is a game made solely so that everything you are doing to be entertained is a fight to the end with a gun or vehicular model to happily quench yur thirst for everything violent, graphic, insanely random, and also pretty absurd, melodicly formed (in a way) purpose of breaking every law, kill any possible way you can with whatever object, piss off every ho oh that walks by your eventually leading to a bump and jump aka " Bump " and get the Biotches money and kill her while shes hot!... Or get Saints Row 2 and have a point to doing all o the above and b in a gang and actually look forward to gettin to yo crib with a helpful batch of cash that you most likely robbed from an old lady. then again you do have to worry about glitches... sometimes but mostly on a pLaystATION 3 system. furthermore i realize this reply is absolutely absurd considering this whole statement was a ramble anywho my point is Saints Row 2 in my oppinion is way better off for insane and sometimes quite difficult fun they are pretty much both the same except ones mid modern era gang turfland crap and the other is a mafia enduced battle ground stuff thing. lol haha!! i love saints row grandtheft auto should go pop a cap in its patent and bleed out all the waist of creative minds it waisted back when i first started playing it... THank you rockstar!!! lol i mean it... your games... Are awesome.