• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Safety lapses responsible for deadly bacteria outbreak?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) - The spread of a deadly bacteria from a secure laboratory to a colony of monkeys at a Louisiana primate research facility may have been caused by lapses in the use of protective clothing by those in the lab, federal investigators said on Friday.

Safety lapses possible in deadly bacteria outbreak in Louisiana monkeys | Reuters
One man tested positive for this also.

I find it alarming that a deadly bacteria could escape a lab so easily. All it takes is one person not following protocol and its out. One of these days we may not be so lucky and it won't be confined to the facility.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
They make some really deadly stuff in those labs so it totally is time to stop those safety lapses! That could kill a ton of people and what would happen if ISIS found one of those bacterias? Scary!
I totally hope safety lapses dont become common like oil spills. That could be a serious disaster!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet they happen more than we know it just doesn't result in a bacteria escaping the lab or they are able to cover it up if it does.