Safe GFing?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Steerpike, Jan 26, 2009.

?

Should GF adopt a policy to guarantee the safety of sponsor links?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2009.
  1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

100.0%
  1. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

Should this site adopt a policy that guarantees the safety of all sponsor links with regard to malware?

2. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

The first question would be, apart from Hybrix would anyone else really care?

I suppose on the internet, garenteed safety is very difficult and expensive to obtain.

But I suppose you'll chip in, Steerpike!!

3. Steerpike

Anyone who doesn't want malware on their computer from accidently clicking a sponsor link would care.

Do you want a virus or trojan horse on your computer from accidently clicking a sponsor link where said sponsor has some malware built into the link?

So far as the question goes. It would only require that GF not accept sponsors whose links give malware or require that sponsors not have malware in their links.

4. English-Emo-Boy

Well if anyone cared that much it would already have been brought up...

5. Steerpike

Not necessarily. If one makes assumptions that it is undoable, then one might not bring it up. It is doable by Hybrix screening the sponsor links prior to actually adding them.

Would you be in favor of this site adopting such a policy?

6. English-Emo-Boy

Yes, I'm all for safe surfing.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Maybe you should ask Hybrix first if this system is not already in place. And if it isn't, for what reason.

To answer the OP, yes (although I don't really click on sponsor links anyway).

8. Steerpike

There was this post made some time back:

------
    A poll has been added so members may vote as well as post.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I don't click ads but yeah we should make sure we protect our members.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't see every ad (or even most ads) before they show up here. They are generated automatically. However, if any given ad link has spyware or whatever on it it is most likely against the policies of the individual advertising program it's being generated through. Report specific ads to me and I'll look into having them removed if they are linking to malicious sites.