• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Safari works for Windows now!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Interesting indeed. I only know this because I was prompted to update iTunes to version 8.2 and in the update I had the option to install "new software". Under that section I noticed Safari was there.

Apple - Safari - Download Safari - Download the world?s fastest and most innovative browser for Mac and PC

Apparently it works for Windows now. I will be sure to check it out once it finishes downloading and installing and report back here with how I feel about it.

Currently I'm using Google Chrome and am very happy with it so I doubt I'll switch unless Safari is leaps and bounds better than I expect it to be.

Last edited:

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I am happy with Firefox, I have tried others before and always come back to Firefox. I'm not going to bother trying anymore.

zacc

Registered Member
Yes, I've been using safari (on windows) for a couple of months now. It's a cool browser .

Xeilo

V.I.P.
Yes, I've been using safari (on windows) for a couple of months now. It's a cool browser .
Can you compare it to others so we get a idea? I would like to know if there is anything that stands out to make me want to even look at it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
For one, it makes every webpage look slightly different than you might be used to. The font is crisper.

Right away you'll feel like you are in a Mac environment.

Personally I think I will stick with Chrome but I'll be keeping Safari for development reasons so I can test GF in it, etc.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
^when you say chrome you mean Google chrome?
if yes, then this sucks. i don't like ti at all. it runs slow.
I used to work on safari, and i liked it. just like hybrix said, you can notice the difference...with fonts and everything.
I've also used Opera..but it's not a big deal. Moxilla is still no.1 for me. IE, hardly loads GF page.