• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sadly, The Giff Is Gone

Rapier

V.I.P.
MNF was at its zenith with Giff. He was a settled guy who managed to get it right in all aspects of life. He and Chuck got to the top of their game and will never be topped. Rest in peace.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Huh? Piper gets 20 replies and Frank Gifford gets none? SMH

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to admit the only reason I know anything about Frank Gifford is Kathy Lee. However the way she talked about him he must have been a great guy, husband and father.

RIP Frank

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off all, I didn't reply because this was in the soccer section, and your OP and thread title didn't really make it clear what you were talking.

In 1953, Gifford ran for two scores, caught four touchdown passes, threw a TD on a halfback option, returned an interception for a score, kicked a field goal and converted a pair of extra points.

RIP

Rapier

V.I.P.
It was in the football section. And I'm in America.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Anyway....He'll always be the voice of Monday Night Football to me. More significant to the MNF brand than someone like Chris Berman for instance. He was literally the first voice I recall hearing when I started watching football on TV.

Condolences to the Gifford family.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Politics & Law 2
Dabs Offbeat News 3