Saddam sentenced to death

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Dragon, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow, that is one of the most humiliating ways to die. Hanging there, struggling for your life while people watch and cheer.

When it comes down to it though, if that's all he gets after everything he did to his people, he is getting off easy.

I still find it unfortunate any time somebody has to be executed. He is being defiant til the end though. He is not sorry for what he did and he probably thinks he will be a martyr.

3. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

Got to love conveniency of the news when we have an election coming up in a few days. The trial was a "show trial", and was not meant to be anything more than that. The U.S. selected the judges, and the sentence was predetermined way before the trial even started. The trial should have taken place in The Hague at the International Court of Justice, but the U.S. didn't want to lose control over the sentencing.

I personally find it ironic, that the so-called liberation is killing more people than under the old regime. Maybe we need start stringing up a few politicians for starting an illegal war/invasion and wasting the lives and tax dollars of the American people.

Everyone deserves a fair trial, and what happened here is along the same lines of the old regime of Iraq.