• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sabres Off To Horrible Start

Smartass64

I've never seen the Sabres off to a worse start - and I remember all the way back to Day One in 1970..
I remember Dave Hodge (yes, THAT Dave Hodge) was calling the games, the roof of the Aud wasa on jacks, and the team was actually competitive....
Yeah, I'm a Leafs fan and am heartened by their start, but as a kid in the 70's I grew up on the French Connection, King Kong Korab, Tim Horton, Schoenfeld, and Punch Imlach..
They sure aren't now - for me it's sad to see such a storied franchise in the sewer like that...but you could see it coming....

BJBirdy

Registered Member
As a Leafs fan who grew up in Sabres territory, I've taken my share of abuse from Sabres fans over the years, so I'm happy to see the Sabres suffer right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's time for them to trade Ryan Miller. The team is horrible and he has the most value. Try to trade him for a few prospects, maybe some high draft picks and a great established player. I'm surprised he hasn't requested for a trade already to be quite honest.

I knew they were going to be bad this season, but I didn't think they were going to be this awful. It's time to rebuild in Buffalo.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Well before this season started and how last season ended, I was expecting a MA Fleury and Ryan Miller swap. No way in hell that happens now.

Buffalo went down hill after they got rid of Pominville ;)

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Ryan Miller thinks he's too good to play for Buffalo. I really hate his attitude. He's the first to throw teammates under the bus, but he starts to cry when others do the same to him.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Just want to start off with that I picked the Sabres being one of the worse teams in the NHL. Anywho, agree with what Bizzy is saying. I really don't know why Regier ain't blowing this thing up and start from scratch. The Miller's and Vanek's are pieces that could actually fetch them future talent. It's going to be a long season for The Sabres and it's fans but their run was near its end and now it's time for the organization to realize it.

Rehmo

They need to move Miller asap... He obviously walking at the end of the season and Buffalo would be empty handed. Apparently Miller has a list of 8 teams that he would be willing to wave his no trade clause for, with the option of potentially adding teams to that list if asked. What these teams are I have no idea, but looking around the league, I dont see a strong cup contender that doesnt have a solid number 1 goalies, that could move young talent to aquire a goalie. Dallas would be an option because of Leighton going down but he wont be injuried the entire season.

The only other options that are standoutish are Edmonton, Detroit (could be an option that needs a goalie upgrade if Howard is out for a while), The Wild, Calgary and Florida. My best guess is Mini. because thats the area Miller went to school.

But until they move Miller itll be a awful distraction.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Honestly, I pin a lot of the Sabres problems on the owner. He's too much of a Sabres fan to see how much his own team sucks it seems.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do wonder if there's a Canadian team that he is interested playing for. He's American, for all I know he's live in the United States all his life and who knows if he would be willing to play in Canada. My gut feeling says no, but I may be wrong.