Ryder & Hawkins

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Sep 10, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's been like 30 days since Ryder & Hawkins won their Tag Team titles, and they have YET to defend them. In fact, I believe they believe they don't even exist anymore. Whaaaaaat?

Why even win the titles if you're not even going to defend, or feud with anybody for them? :teeth:

Jesse & Festus? New tag teams? Somebody?

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Shows how Little the Tag division means to WWE

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Its funny how this works. For a while the WWE Tag Titles were the hot titles with Miz and Morrison defending them all the time. The World Tag Titles, for a while there, were pretty much forgotten about when Rhodes and Holly had them.

Now its completely different. Rhodes and DiBiase's belts matter and Hawkins and Ryder have done nothing. There's a lack of tag team wrestling depth on both shows so get rid of one set of belts or make some damn teams.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't understand why the WWE keeps doing this, back in the 80's the tag team titles were just as important as the World Title, now it's barely getting defended. I like how Team Priceless is defending the titles more and more now, but they have to do the same with the Smackdown tag team titles.

5. Millz

Even in the late 90s, early 2000s it was awesome with the Dudleyz, Edge and Christian and the Hardys. They need to focus on ONE division and I think that'll help out.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

With the DiVa's title, Tag Team titles, WWE title and US title on SmackDown! I suppose you can make the argument of it being too much.

I believe they should do what kdmillz alluded to and get rid of the tag titles on SmackDown! and keep them on RAW only. Have them build up decent tag teams there while SmackDown! goes another direction.

7. Millz

What I would do is keep one set of women's title and one set of tag titles. Have one on Raw and the other on Smackdown.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

One tag team title might be a good idea, as a tool to set up interbrand angles for the cross-promotion of all three shows. Wot wot?

kdmillz, I can't believe you didn't mention APA or the Rock N' Sock Connection. I should neg you for post #5. ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

RAW
    - World Heavyweight Championship
    - Intercontinental Title
    - Tag Team Titles
    SmackDown!
    - WWE Championship
    - US Title
    - Women's Title
    ECW
    - ECW Championship
    - Hardcore Championship (maybe not)
    - Cruiserweight title

Something like that. No more than 3 per show would be best, I agree.
    ------
    I would love to see something like this happen. The WWE doesn't branch out and do cross-promotions that much - especially when titles are on the line. If they did it A LOT more where it would be worth it, I would agree that they should keep them. Since they don't, I agree with millz that they should get rid of them from one of the brands.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  10. Millz

Exactly right. And its not like theres that many tag teams or women out there where you couldnt put them on one show.

haha come on now...those were the big three. There were other options back then for sure...including both that you mentioned.