Ryan Grant a bust?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Swiftstrike, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I was one of the lucky few that drafted this RB in my FF league. He was ranked amongst the top ten in most FF rankings (usually between 7-10).

I thought I got him at a steal when I got him in the late 3rd round.

Anyways he has single-handedly lost me two games in my league dropping me to 1-2. Now for those that don't know starting the FF season with a good record is important (since most seasons are only 12-13 weeks and the rest is the playoffs).

Last year I started my season 2-5 and needed to win the rest of my games to make the playoffs (which I did) but I dont want to be put in the hole like that again.

So basically I am offering a trade to one of our league leaders.

Plaxico Burress for Matt Forte. Forte is his third RB and although I didn't want to depart with Plaxico I figure if I dont have a number 2 RB I am screwed.

Grant was my number 2 and Selvin Young was my number three with felix jones bringing up the rear at 4.

So what are your guys thoughts on this trade? It is too premature to make this type of offer. My number 2 wr for a #2 rb?

Or should I wait on Grant? Because I have the following WRs

DeSean Jackson
    Reggie Wayne
    Lee Evans
    Eddie Royal

I figured 3 weeks was enough time to determine whether or not I could start him every week.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd wait on Grant for the simple reason that he's been hurt the entire season. That hamstring hasn't sufficiently healed yet and they were wondering if he was going to even play this last week.

Of course with that said maybe the injury will be a problem the entire season...its hard to say. Or he might get through the injury and be the productive back he was last season.

I might wait it out a week or two and see what happens.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Yeah if I wait too long I could be 1-4 or 1-5.

Seriously by starting him I have lost every week. My week one game I just destroyed my opponent because mcnabb went crazy.

I offered the trade but if he accepts I might withdraw it.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This is true...maybe wait one more week and then decide what to do. No reason to jump to conclusions yet.

I understand the frustrations. Its all about the matchups and someitmes it just doesnt work out. I'm still pissed about sitting Ronnie Brown...I took him out at quarter to 12 central time yesterday...dumbass I am.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not sold on Grant to be honest with you, he might still be a little injured, but I don't think he's a top running back in this league. But you never know, he could just be a slow starter, he didn't start racking up the yards till late last season.

But I think you should give him one more chance, to see how he does.