Russian Scholar Predicts US Collapse by 2011

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Change, as they say, can be both good and bad. What are your thoughts on this article?

Russian scholar Igor Panarin predicts that the US will collapse by 2011. He's the "dean at the Foreign Ministry's school for diplomats and a regular on Russia's state-guided TV channels" according to the article.

Russian scholar says US will collapse — next year

He is predicting that:

1. President Barack Obama will order martial law this year
    2. The U.S. will split into six rump-states before 2011
    3. Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.

If anything, the article is worth reading. Some of the stuff in it could definitely happen. Take this for example:

Here's another quote from him:

I think I'd agree. The American Dream has been replaced by "The American Promise".

I think we need to get our act together. The stuff in the article isn't that far fetched.

So what do you think? Is he full of hot air or is he on to something?

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Sounds like propaganda and hot air.

There is a major flaw in his arguement.

• China is a developing country, China needs the US and the dollar to keep the Yuan strong. It has no reason to see the US's demise. Unlike Russia it has trilllions of DOLLARS in reserve.

If you look at Chinese foriegn policy it contradicts Russian ambition. They may have the treaty of goodneighbourliness but that means little when it comes to international affairs.

From wikipedia:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Possible, if it does it will be down to civil disorder through economic resentment, but the US citizens are progressive by nature and I think tey(you) would prefer to stand up to the plate and battle through hard times together than to bitch and protest about things which are out of their control.

So what if it does, I do not for a moment believe that any part of the US will break its Union. They may seek state scale soverignty and less federal influence, putting the US more on par with a nation state that would resemble the EU. It may decentralise but it wont dissolve.

China will by its very nature. The US will weaken as will the individual European states, but the EU will strengthen, NATO will strengthen, sino-western affairs will strengthen, global unity will strengthen to prevent a global recession happening again.

Russian ambitions will only hinder Chinese intent. Russia may try and ride Chinas coat-tails but even China understands what areas of global political and economical policy is best for them. (.........and it is not in Siberia).

Sim likes this.
  3. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Russia is always so competitive and confrontational. They just need to settle down a bit: go to the baths, have a shot of vodka, maybe not let a real-life action hero run the country. It would do them and everyone else a lot of good.

4. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Obama declaring martial law by the end of this year? Absolute bullshit. Things aren't even all that bad in this country still. 91% of Americans still have jobs, and somehow I don't think we'll see riots by the end of this year that will necessitate the declaration of martial law. And the United States splitting up? It didn't happen during the Great Depression, why would it happen now?

Sim likes this.
  5. 1992

1992 Registered Member

LOL, this russian sounds like the 'Prophets of Doom'. Firstly, this is just mere speculation. Yes, US now is in quite a bad shape but that does n't mean it will stay this way or decline until 2011. If USA citizens believe this things said by a guy even not from the USA, how could they trust their own country then. Now... what if a USA scholar said the same thing about Russia. Will we actually believe that Russia will collapse? All of this is just mere speculation of people jumping to conclusions too fast.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

One thing I thought about: if the U.S. does indeed collapse by 2011 does that mean the rest of the world will end in December 2012?

And I know people from all angles have been predicting the end of this and collapse of that from the get-go so I'm hesitant to call it a real situation.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I would agree that I don't think what he is predicting is too far fetched. I think 2011 is too soon, but I could see it happening within the next 10-15 years.