• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Russian "Satan 2" nuclear ICBM

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah, with the Iskander missile system already deployed, it had to happen but I was hoping it wouldn't happen this fast.
The new Russian rS-28 Sarmat ICBM is all over the news, atm. Like Iskander, it can sense incoming missiles and change up it's trajectory to avoid them. It can also fly far enough to strike Denver CO even with a high altitude trajectory.
What's even worse? It's the Russian answer to Tsar Bomba.

The 10-15 warheads can carry a total yield of 50 megatons and they claim that a single ICBM can take out all of Texas or France. Imo, this arms race is totally over the top.
Russia unveils 'Satan 2' nuclear missile - CNN.com

The new ICBM is also connected to the Russian Project 4202 since it will use a hypersonic warhead carrier that can reach speeds of between Mach 7-12. That means the carrier could travel too fast for any current anti-missile system.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201610241046655887-sarmat-image-declassified/

This is getting seriously freaky.
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is scary, they nuke us, we nuke them then its all over for mankind. There are no winners in a nuclear war.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
There's been a lot of push for nuclear reduction and this doesn't help. Now the US will probably respond with new nuclear weapons too. And China and France and all the other nuclear nations. It's a domino effect. Somebody seriously needs to do something to restore the treaties before those bombs go into production. We totally do NOT need any more nukes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't you wish we could just wish them away along with the knowledge to make them. That would make the world much safer. That is not going to happen though, what is more likely to happen is even more countries get them and eventually one will use them.

Impaired

Registered Member
Ignorance never makes you safer. It only makes you unaware of how unsafe you are.

Sorry if this came off as insulting, it wasn't meant that way. Pandora's box can't be unopened is all I mean to say.

Last edited: