Russia Bans Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by icegoat63, Nov 16, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I realize every country is different in what they tolerate. I mean Australia hardly allows any games anymore, Germany used to ban any game that had references to Nazi History back in the 90's.... but doesnt this seem unfortunate that a Government would step in and Censor a whole video game like that just because of one scene.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Russia can go fuck itself.

Seriously. As soon as Americans are no longer portrayed as fat slobs or backstabbers, we'll get rid of the crazy Russian terrorists. Until that time, it's a video game, so fuck off. Way to abuse a game's popularity by latching your petty complaints onto it like some whiny bitch.

Way to go, comrade.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I was looking at the list of Banned games throughout history and was happy to see that the USofA has 0 games banned. Although there was an asterisk that said there have been games in the past that were modified, but still released. This all due to our Freedom of Speech.

One of those things where we sure like to bitch about it... but the moment you hold it up in comparison to the other countries... wowzers, what more can you say.

4. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

GTA franchise is way more offensive than any other game, still, less than many movies out there.

I really don't really see why all the fuss around MW2.

5. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

Sucks to be them, I guess.

I'll get MW2.

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

i dont even see WHY they would ban it. it in no way reflects the nation as a whole, more like one fucked up dude. Its just some political bullshit.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Not to ruin the game either, but . . .

Have they even played the game? The American, Shepard, is the biggest douche in the universe.

Not to mention, how many movies are made with Americans as villains? These countries need to get over themselves.

8. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

:lol: On one hand, I can't really blame them; the idea that America would have to come to the rescue just reaffirms old wounds. After all, the majority of the world's population were still adults back when the Cold War was a very real fear.

If I were a game developer, I'd keep the story ambiguous enough that I could just swap out the hero county and replace it with whatever country I was selling the game in; the boost in sales alone would be worth the effort.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Im not sure of all the details but what I can make out is they have only withdrawn the game for the consoles. The PC version will be patched to remove the scene and the console games will be reinstalled if the scene is removed.
    ------

Its Captain Price and Soap who come to the resuce, Brits. Its actually Price who sets a nuke on Washington! ....& Shepard (an American who is the rogue!) Im confused who are the enemy again?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  10. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

:lol: Oh.

I apologize for my misinterpretation, then.