Russia Attacks Georgia! (Simulation)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I got to thinking about how crazy this sounds, this Georgian group stages this News story saying the President is Dead and that Russian Tanks are rolling over Georgian Soil... But its only a simulation :hah:

But then that second wave of thought hit me and I got to thinking... Even though this story was completely false... Do we have stations like that here in the States that would rather plug fake or manufactured stories in order to catch peoples attention?

TBILISI (AFP) – Outraged Georgians on Sunday slammed a local television channel that sparked panic by broadcasting a faked report announcing that Russia had launched an invasion and the country's president was dead.

The Georgian opposition condemned the newscast as a state-sponsored stunt aimed at smearing President Mikheil Saakashvili's critics while the president himself added to the furore by appearing to defend the broadcast.

The report, aired Saturday night on privately owned Imedi television, said Russian tanks were headed for the capital Tbilisi, Saakashvili had been killed and that some opposition leaders had sided with invading forces.

Outrage in Georgia over fake Russian invasion report - Yahoo! News

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Dude, with Americas Politically charged atmosphere, if anyone did that, they'd get their balls sued off and fed back to them on a silver platter. Plus, imagine what would happen. When War of the Worlds happened in the 30s, their was rioting. And that was only over New York City. Nation wide, it would spark a mass exodus, and with that rioting and looting. People would die. Not huge numbers, but their will be deaths.

FindMuck

Registered Member
The title of this thread is misleading. Russia did not simulate an attack on Georgia, Georgia simulated one on themselves.