Russell finally signs with Raiders

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Vincent_Valentine, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

"...Russell was guaranteed a record $29 million in his six-year $61 million deal, according to two people familiar with the talks who spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms were not released. He would get an additional $3 million if he reaches minimal playing time incentives."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-russell&prov=ap&type=lgns

The 48-Day contract dispute finally ended and now he can join the team for practice. They are not going to even place him on the roster for two weeks so anyone hoping to see him in action anytime soon is out of luck.

Any thoughs on this?

2. Lone Eagle

Lone Eagle Registered Member

It's about time! I was beginning to think they would do the typical Raider thing and trade Russell for a 33 year old linebacker with a disciplinary problem! :scared:

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's about time that he signs with the Raiders, but it was worth the wait because he's going to make tons of money in the next four to six years. I don't think he's going to play a lot this season, because he needs to learn the system and everything, but I really excited to see this guy play against NFL competetion.