• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rushing in

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I'm at a bit of a tricky point in life. Trying to get my priorities right, yet I don't know if I am actually doing the best thing.

Basically, my idea of a relationship is where I can properly look after the person I'm in a relationship in. Not to the degree where I think they can't look after themselves, as if a stiff wind will blow the apart or something. Yet, to the point where I can surprise them with the odd pleasantry and not be held up in doing so by my own shortcomings - of which, I probably have many.

Hence, I haven't been eager to rush into relationships. Also I have a suspicion that I hold high standards which means it's even worse.

Nonetheless, I find it hard to divert my attention from the attention I've received as of late, by a few eligible sorts. I've snubbed one because of high standards, but also because I want to be on my feet before I go head on into any sort of 'romantic situation' with a girl. I want to sort my place out and get my finances in order because at present they are in a dire state. Or in state where I won't be able to provide or support properly - at least that is my idea. Perhaps I think to much, yet I've insisted for a while now that I won't go initiating anything without the right circumstances.

however, like I say, I've had a fair bit of attention lately. Now I'm wondering if I leave it, the opportunity to do something will erode by the time I sort myself out, yet also I'm convinced that once they discover what sort of mess I'm in they'll abandon me anyway. Not that I'd blame them, but I kinda like the idea of getting into some kind of relationship. Stands are tiresome, and kinda embellish the notion of being in a bit of a mess even more. Anyway, that ridiculous information isn't your concern, unless you really like to know this sort of stuff. This question, on the other hand is of concern, if you choose to answer it:

--
In your opinion.

Is it best to rush into a relationship, regardless of you circumstances, and accept the consequences whether they are positive or not?
or
Is it best to take your time and address everything first, before going ahead and seeking out a partner?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I wouldn't rush into a relationship, but I wouldn't let an opportunity pass either. I have a lot and I mean a lot on my plate right now, but if a girl enters my life I am going to pursue it. The key word here is enter. Have the ladies come to you during your transition and seize the opportunity.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I wouldn't rush into a relationship, but I wouldn't let an opportunity pass either. I have a lot and I mean a lot on my plate right now, but if a girl enters my life I am going to pursue it. The key word here is enter. Have the ladies come to you during your transition and seize the opportunity.
I am in transition. In fact I'm more or less sorted out, I mean my debts are finally (and thankgodfully) gone. So I'm not as apprehensive as I was. I am very inclined to take the opportunity, yet also unsure. I suspect this thread will sway my decision somewhat. Depending on response, obviously. Although your point has pretty much shoved me towards what I want to do. So thanks for that. :)

I might come back and tell you off if I fall flat on my face though ---- only kidding :p

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Is it best to rush into a relationship, regardless of you circumstances, and accept the consequences whether they are positive or not?
or
Is it best to take your time and address everything first, before going ahead and seeking out a partner?
Reasoning tells you that it's better to wait before seeking out a partner.

Heart may tell you to get into that relationship and accept the consequences later.

Now you decide between reasoning and emotions.

Dabs

Registered Member
Ever been driving during rush hour??
Think of the headaches....the tight grip on the steering wheel...the aggravation....the ranting and yelling even tho you know it does no good *ha*
Don't rush into anything.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Ever been driving during rush hour??
Think of the headaches....the tight grip on the steering wheel...the aggravation....the ranting and yelling even tho you know it does no good *ha*
Don't rush into anything.
That made zero sense to me.

I don't drive.
And don't consider getting into a relationship like being apart of a traffic jam. Sorry :S

And if I rushed out of a building in time to avoid a bomb blast, then I'd be happy I did rush. --- Sorry, but that made no sense...

----

To Ellydicious:
I do like your response, quite a lot, mostly because it poses a good question on top of my shit one.

Anyway, emotions are pretty powerful things, and I reckon reasoning often does not go along with them. Emotions will drag you into precarious situations, yet 'may' feel good, and 'may' turn out good.
Also your reasoning might, if you aren't much good at reasoning, or if you have a mind to follow daring reasoning. So which should I trust?

In your opinion. Is it better to follow reason, or emotion? Surely they are not just base entities.
------
Reasoning tells you that it's better to wait before seeking out a partner.

Heart may tell you to get into that relationship and accept the consequences later.

Now you decide between reasoning and emotions.
You've been quoted, but my response in another response - to Dabs. If you want to address it. --- Although, I know you get kicks out of telling me off, so if you wanna ignore me, feel free :p :) -- Shame though, because I admire your honesty.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
That made zero sense to me.

I don't drive.
And don't consider getting into a relationship like being apart of a traffic jam. Sorry :S

And if I rushed out of a building in time to avoid a bomb blast, then I'd be happy I did rush. --- Sorry, but that made no sense...

----

Sorry...ever hear of it's the tequila talking??
Well...for me, it's the chemo talking....I was simply trying to say, rushing into any relationship is not a good thing.
It takes time to get to know someone.....and when I was using the terms above....well, if you haven't ever been in a traffic jam and never seen rush hour, then you wouldn't understand then...but it's an awful experience, you just want to scream and punch somebody *ha*
But for real, I would take things slow.....hope all works out for you!

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Sorry...ever hear of it's the tequila talking??
Well...for me, it's the chemo talking....I was simply trying to say, rushing into any relationship is not a good thing.
It takes time to get to know someone.....and when I was using the terms above....well, if you haven't ever been in a traffic jam and never seen rush hour, then you wouldn't understand then...but it's an awful experience, you just want to scream and punch somebody *ha*
But for real, I would take things slow.....hope all works out for you!
Sorry, I didn't wish to seem a bit snotty or moany, just didn't understand the metaphor to be honest. Although, I'll level with you, I understood what you meant entirely, it just sounded ridiculous the way you stated it. Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Nonetheless, I reckon you have a tip-top philosophy there, although often it is hard to truly know if being slow and methodical about this sort of thing is the right way to go. I mean, if I did wait and lose the opportunity, I would probably go mad for a week or a month wondering what could've been. However, I do have an inkling that being cautious about getting into what I'd hope to be a serious relationship, would be best approached without rushing in like a mad bull in a china shop. So thanks, and sorry again.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Emotions were designed to produce desirable results for short term goals. Reasoning will produce desirable results for long term goals. That's the way I see it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
In your opinion. Is it better to follow reason, or emotion? .
You're more likely to fail and regret if you follow emotions because heart and feelings don't have the capacity to think objectively.

And the question you have to ask to yourself is "Right now, in my conditions, do I have the ability to face a failure, if I follow emotions?"

Last edited: