• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rush Limbaugh's 'Dark Knight' Conspiracy

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Just when you thought his bizarre ideas couldn't get whackier, Rush now seems to believe that the name of the villain in the new Batman film is somehow a ploy to smear Bain, Mitt Romney's company. Yep, that comic book character created 19 years ago.

Source

I think by now we all know what to expect from Rush but I thought this was hilarious.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
That was my understanding as well, he was commenting on the story. The insane thing here is Christopher Lehane's comments, not Rush commenting on the story itself.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The article I posted:

"Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bain [sic]?"

Doesn't make it sound any less silly to me. It still sounds like he thinks there's some conspiracy at work. Unless of course he really is trying to blow up the words of a singular advisor to an entire political party that has tons of them.

Alta

Registered Member
One of the guys who commented on the article had something funny to say: "So unfair for one of the greatest Muslim dictators of all time Saddam Hussein to be named Hussein, after our President Barrack Hussein Obama.........ooops, sorry.".

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The Batman Campaign? - The Rush Limbaugh Show

The link to the transcript was right there in the piece linked in the OP.

Rush is right, we have to assume the brain dead will show up to vote.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Sometimes Limbaugh says things just to get a rise out of Media Matters. I don't listen to Limbaugh much, but I read a few weeks ago he said that when women got the right to vote, everything went downhill. MM and the NBC crowd ran with it. It was a joke and it was done just to give them something to talk about. Hey, we should commend Rush for giving some loser a job listening to his show and writing about it on Media Matters and some derelict a job at NBC reporting on it.
I'm not saying this is the same thing. But Rush is a smart guy and I doubt he really thinks a Batman movie was made to smear Romney.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Again, Rush was commenting on the articles I linked above as is clearly indicated by the link to the full transcript I posted.

In Merc's pull quote Rush is asking a question. Is asking a question the same as saying that it is true?

You're right MiT, Rush says things to tweak the opposition all the time. They always run with it. He was joking about women having the right to vote. But he did mention that Ann Coulter has made that argument.

wooly

I am the woolrus
"It was a joke" is such a pathetic get out of jail card for basically saying whatever dumb shit pops into your head. For such a well known political commentator, that's just not acceptable, and that's why a lot of people don't take him seriously.

I heard the women allowed to vote comment and it didn't sound in any way like a joke at the time, and listening to that video in the OP it clearly A. doesn't sound like a joke and B. he is clearly defending the opinion, and putting it out there as a valid viewpoint. Whether or not he picked up the story from the Washington times is irrelevant. In the video he says "i'm telling you" it's exactly the type of tactic the obama administration would try, he says that the people who vote for Obama are so brain dead they will buy into it, and he constantly cites it as HIS opinion. He's defending the viewpoint. Just because he didn't come up with it himself doesn't mean it's any less idiotic.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
"It was a joke" is such a pathetic get out of jail card for basically saying whatever dumb shit pops into your head. For such a well known political commentator, that's just not acceptable, and that's why a lot of people don't take him seriously.

I heard the women allowed to vote comment and it didn't sound in any way like a joke at the time, and listening to that video in the OP it clearly A. doesn't sound like a joke and B. he is clearly defending the opinion, and putting it out there as a valid viewpoint. Whether or not he picked up the story from the Washington times is irrelevant. In the video he says "i'm telling you" it's exactly the type of tactic the obama administration would try, he says that the people who vote for Obama are so brain dead they will buy into it, and he constantly cites it as HIS opinion. He's defending the viewpoint. Just because he didn't come up with it himself doesn't mean it's any less idiotic.
Not a joke necessarily, he was asking the question about whether Democrats who brought up the Bane character were right or not. See the difference? Democratic advisors like Christopher Lehane gave an opinion and he was talking about that story, asking if it had any truth to it. And it seems he does think it might because some brain-dead people who might see the movie actually do vote, something that isn't exactly newsflash. Point being, it IS relevant where the story originated from.