• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rush Limbaugh Speaks Fluent Chinese

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Rush Limbaugh Speaks Chinese - The Colbert Report - 1/20/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I know we have our laughs here at the ridiculous and often stupid pundits that litter this US landscape. The Becks, Olbermann's, O'Reilly's, Sheppard's, and of course, the Limbaugh's that stink up the political talk atmosphere get their fair share of mockery around here. Yet, sometimes they say or do things that just make you stand in awe. This for me anyways, is one of them. Another thing worth mentioning is that I'm largely unfamiliar with Rush to be honest. I know he's a blowhard who makes waves with his uninhibited talk but I never heard a lot about him.

Maybe this is tame, but this is one of those sorts of commentaries that slowly breeds hatred. You can joke and kid about people, but suggesting the sort of paranoia he does and the clearly racist blabbering he spouts, this just illustrates what people are talking about when they say that the US is becoming an atmosphere of hate.

C-Mach

Registered Member
I watched it, and I think Rush was just trying to be funny.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some people just don't have a filter. If I was Chinese I would definitely be at least a little offended when watching this or listening to this. He's one of the reasons I stay out of political discussions. He speaks and I want to bash my head into a glass window because the cuts from that injury would be better then having to listen to this idiot speak.

BigBob

Registered Member
I watched it, and I think Rush was just trying to be funny.
That's not the point. It's people like him that give America a bad name with other countries and make us one of the most hated countries. You make fun of a leader, and what happens when it gets back to him? He says fuck America, we're not helping them.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
That's not the point. It's people like him that give America a bad name with other countries and make us one of the most hated countries. You make fun of a leader, and what happens when it gets back to him? He says fuck America, we're not helping them.
I think that's over-exaggerating it. People that like Rush will think the Rush clip was funny. People that like Colbert will think the Ching Chong Ding Dong impersonation was funny. Personally I laughed at both.

But, if we cared about offending the Chinese leader, we should care more about the reporter that asked during the joint press meeting:
"Can you explain to the American people how the United States can be so allied with a country that is known for treating its people so poorly, for using censorship and force to repress its people?" he asked Obama. And to Hu: "I'd like to give you a chance to respond to this issue of human rights. How do you justify China's record, and do you think that's any of the business of the American people?"
Dana Milbank - Hu Jintao meets the free press

I hope Hu gets offended at America's free press both at the news conference and on talk radio.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MiT, no one here is arguing in defense of the Chinese leader.

We're talking about hateful speech and this false paranoia that the pundit atmosphere breeds.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member