• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rush Limbaugh says First Lady is no swimsuit model

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rush Limbaugh says First Lady is no swimsuit model - Yahoo! News

What are your thoughts on Limbaugh "jabs" at Michelle Obama. Do you believe he's in the wrong, or he has a good valid point at what he's saying? Or Michelle Obama should keep her comments to herself about what parents should feed their kids?

Thoughts on the whole situation?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
All I'll say, is if he was a left leaning pundit, he'd be getting death threats by now.

Needless to say, this isn't even up to his usual level of prejudice or hatred. He's like the Westboro Baptist Church, he's got nothing positive to contribute to society and the best thing anyone can do is to just ignore him and move on.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I think to insult her was not the right thing to do. When in a professional position as he is, it not only makes him look bad but is something you would maybe see on the playground at school.

As for her meal plan, I would need to find the article again, but I read only few days ago that school lunch sales are down nearly 20% in the US because of the new dietary lunches she has been key to putting in place. I would think this does nothing but to hurt the school systems economy even worse. I almost made thread of this, but I do not like to be seen as picking on the US or the Obama's.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think to insult her was not the right thing to do. When in a professional position as he is, it not only makes him look bad but is something you would maybe see on the playground at school.

As for her meal plan, I would need to find the article again, but I read only few days ago that school lunch sales are down nearly 20% in the US because of the new dietary lunches she has been key to putting in place. I would think this does nothing but to hurt the school systems economy even worse. I almost made thread of this, but I do not like to be seen as picking on the US or the Obama's.
I'm not going to sit here and say that it was right but Rush certainly makes a point. Michelle Obama isn't exactly healthy (that's a severe understatement), and not only is she promoting healthy eating but it's being required by a lot of school districts now because of her.

Have you ever had "healthy" french fries before? or a "healthy" burger?

The lunch sales are down 20% because the food is disgusting. I mean come on, I think we're actually wasting a lot more gasoline than we otherwise would be.

If kids don't like the school lunches then they will simply go off campus, spend about the same amount of money and get "better" food.

I never did my schools food a lot in the first place but I have tried a few things, it's all terrible to the point of being unable to finish because it's so gross. While no it doesn't cost a lot I'd much rather go off campus than eat the school lunch.

This whole shove healthy food down kids throats thing is not working at all, if kids want unhealthy food they will find it in another avenue.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not going to sit here and say that it was right but Rush certainly makes a point. Michelle Obama isn't exactly healthy (that's a severe understatement), and not only is she promoting healthy eating but it's being required by a lot of school districts now because of her.

Have you ever had "healthy" french fries before? or a "healthy" burger?

The lunch sales are down 20% because the food is disgusting. I mean come on, I think we're actually wasting a lot more gasoline than we otherwise would be.

If kids don't like the school lunches then they will simply go off campus, spend about the same amount of money and get "better" food.

I never did my schools food a lot in the first place but I have tried a few things, it's all terrible to the point of being unable to finish because it's so gross. While no it doesn't cost a lot I'd much rather go off campus than eat the school lunch.

This whole shove healthy food down kids throats thing is not working at all, if kids want unhealthy food they will find it in another avenue.
What do you mean when you say she's not exactly healthy? She's far from obese. Just because she might be a little wide in the hips does not mean she's unhealthy.

With childhood obesity at an all-time high, I think that school lunches is a great place to start. The earlier people learn healthy eating habits, the better.

As far as Limbaugh's comments - hello kettle, this is Rush, you're black. or, who are you to wave your fatty fingers, fuckin hypocrite. Like I said, Michelle Obama is far from obese. The First Lady is in an excellent position to be a good role model, and I think this campaign is at least as necessary and beneficial as Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign from the 1980s.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
As far as Limbaugh's comments - hello kettle, this is Rush, you're black. or, who are you to wave your fatty fingers, fuckin hypocrite. Like I said, Michelle Obama is far from obese. The First Lady is in an excellent position to be a good role model, and I think this campaign is at least as necessary and beneficial as Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign from the 1980s.
Well, to be fair, Rush Limbaugh isn't going around telling people what they can and cannot eat, so techinically he isn't being hypocritical.

I don't have a problem with school lunches and I don't have a problem with PSA's advocating for a healthy lifestyle. What I do have a problem with is this turns into trying to tell McDonald's what they can and cannot serve, they can't give away a toy, and other such nonsense.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't have a problem with school lunches and I don't have a problem with PSA's advocating for a healthy lifestyle. What I do have a problem with is this turns into trying to tell McDonald's what they can and cannot serve, they can't give away a toy, and other such nonsense.
I agree about addressing school lunches and spreading awareness (through PSAs, etc.) about fitness and issues of obesity. I think that the bulk of this (no pun intended :lol:) is just about raising awareness and getting a message out there, from the first lady's point of view.

With the McDonald's situation in San Francisco, it really doesn't have anything to do with Michelle Obama's initiative; I believe that it was done independently.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree about addressing school lunches and spreading awareness (through PSAs, etc.) about fitness and issues of obesity. I think that the bulk of this (no pun intended :lol:) is just about raising awareness and getting a message out there, from the first lady's point of view.

With the McDonald's situation in San Francisco, it really doesn't have anything to do with Michelle Obama's initiative; I believe that it was done independently.
I agree, I'm not saying it was done on her initiative, but she does agree with those kinds of actions. I also find some of the things she says and does a tad bit hypocritical given the comments about not having desserts and not eating junk food, then we come to find out their Super Bowl party had pizza, cheeseburgers, wings, etc......

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree, I'm not saying it was done on her initiative, but she does agree with those kinds of actions. I also find some of the things she says and does a tad bit hypocritical given the comments about not having desserts and not eating junk food, then we come to find out their Super Bowl party had pizza, cheeseburgers, wings, etc......
Has she actually come out to publicly comment on the McDonald's legislation?