Rush Limbaugh Needs to Own It

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Some of my friends and I have a saying that we say when somebody does something dumb or says something stupid. Basically, they need to take ownership of what they did. We refer to this as owning it. That being said, Rush Limbaugh needs to "own it".

Either that or accept his free plane ticket to Cuba, donated kindly by the people of ATicketForRush.com. :lol:

A Ticket For Rush!

They raised over $2,500 for him to go to Cuba like he said he would if health care passed. I'm guessing he will stay here in the US.

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I find that great, not only are they trying to make him live up to his own promises but if he does not (he proves to be a liar) but they have a backup plan in the form of giving it to a charity, nice move.

3. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

:lol: We all already know he wouldn't do it. He said something stupid, and he's paying for it in reputation. Funny website though, and a good idea to raise money for a charity in the end.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Democrats called his bluff :lol:

5. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Did he REALLY say that? I'm sure it would be incredibly difficult to find out, so it would probably be best to just believe what others say he said than find out for ourselves, right?

Liberals Set Up Website to Send El Rushbo a Ticket to Costa Rica
    ------
    I wonder if the money will really be donated and if so how many abortions will the money raised for this "charity" fund?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

YouTube - Limbaugh pulled something out of his BUTT...AGAIN! Now he's moving to Costa Rica

So he added that "five years" part....

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I love how SS's link blames liberals for the website. Then again, it's from Rush's site so it's only expected that he wants people to think that only liberals have a sense of living up to their promises . . . wait, isn't that a good thing?

8. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

@ Oxy: yep, apparently it would be easier to go by what others say he said then to click on that link to the transcript of what was really said. So if I said I'm going to Isle Royale would you think that I'm going to move there?
    ------
    @ Cons: :lol: nice deflection! So now we're talking about the political orientation of the site creator? OK I'll take the bait, who set up a site to promote a misrepresentation of what Rush said and promises to donate the money to an abortion provider and what is their political orientation? Please enlighten me! :lol:

Do liberals believe they should live up to promises that they didn't make but others say they did?

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Obviously not :D

It just sounded to me that the question "Where would you go for healthcare yourself?" implied moving to another place because I wasn't aware you can live in one country and use healthcare from another. I guess by what this Stacy person is saying, you can now (even though it's still from an American company). Seems like a pain to travel to Costa Rica just for treatment though. Maybe that's just me.