Running/Fleeing From the Police

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you (might not be smart to say actually) or anybody you've known ever tried to escape from the police?

I had a friend back in high school who was not the brightest chip in the bag. ;) He once was out driving when a police siren started up behind him. Well instead of pulling over he decided to get into a high speed chase. Somehow he managed to actually escape when he pulled into a movie theater parking lot, quickly got out and ran into the theater.

Or so he claims. I'm still not sure I buy it since he never had any way to prove it. Have any of your friends claimed to do such things? Have you witnessed them doing dumb things like this?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've had a few run ins with the cops, but I've never considered running. It's never been anything serious enough for it to even be worth the risk. The worst things I've really done are just drinking in prohibited areas. If I am caught breaking the law, then I can face up to it and accept the punishment. Running is cowardly.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Why the Hell is this in Everyday Life :hah:

I have known people who have hid from the cops. But I cant say I've known anyone who has actually ran from them. The people I've known who have Hid usually are up for a Warrant for missing court or something. And they usually know there is a warrant out for their arrest but are to chicken to just turn themselves in.

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Only when I was a youngster, before they had the helicopters that track you down, back when I was about 14 we would sit in he local park and drink and if the police turned up everyone would scatter, half the time you did not even know why you running.

As I got older I got calmer and figured that most of the cops in my area knew me anyway so what was the point of running they would just pick me up later.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

:lol::lol:

Eh, not so much. A very long time ago, some of my friends got caught trespassing in a private trading estate type thing (no idea what it's actually called) and had the police called on them. They ran away, but it wasn't like some big chase or anything. I'm so lucky I wasn't there that night because I actually pulled a muscle in my leg and probably would have ended up asking the police for a ride home instead of trying to get away.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I actually have a good story about this happening...

My friend was CLEARLY speeding on a busy street; I was sitting in the passenger seat. The cop was waiting for him as we flew by and the sirens went on.

We were close to his neighborhood though so he gunned it as fast as he could...going 60 MPH in a 35, lol. We went flying into his sub-division and thankfully his house has a garage. He were able to get the car into the garage and out of plain sight while the cop was left in the dust.

That is something I would never consider doing myself. He got away with it but that normally doesn't happen.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I guess I figured running from the cops was just another part of everyday life for most people. :lol:

Yeah, for one, if you try to run from the cops I believe it's instant jail time if (and usually when) you are caught. Your friend is an idiot. :shifteyes:

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Oh man Brix you have no idea what this kid was like...this was done while we were in high school so he was young and stupid but he didnt get much better when high school was over.

Needless to say I do not talk to that lunatic anymore.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I never understood the mentality. People never make it far. Anyone who has ever seen a single cop show knows that these guys are dedicated and they will beat your ass regardless of color, gender or creed if you're dumb enough to run.

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I also have a good story concerning this.

My friend was driving, another friend was in the front and I was in the back. We were heading back to my friends house from scoring some weed. My friend decided she couldn't wait the extra five minutes and wanted to check out what we had bought (It was a considerable amount, about 3 ounces from memory). At the same time she got it out, the driver decided he'd be a smart ass driver and skidded around the corner, to find a cop sitting on the side of the road. He flicked on his lights on and went to turn around to chase us. Luckily we were only three streets away from my friends house, and they were around a series turns, so we were able to get away while he was turning to chase us, and parked the car round the back of the house

I'm pretty sure the only reason my friend didn't pull over is because we would have been screwed if we had been caught with that amount of weed. I guess I was just really lucky, cause I would have been arrested despite having no illegal part in it.

I'm not young a stupid any more, so I wouldn't be in that situation again. I wouldn't ever think about running if a cop tried to stop me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010