Rumors: Favre to retire

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Aug 3, 2010.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I was laying in bed and they were making a big deal about this, but if "This is it" all they're basing it off of, then I'm going to wait for it to be official.

"This is it" could mean.. yeah, I'm done.. but it could always mean.. this is the year for us.. it could have a lot of meanings

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Here we go again...

Hopefully the sports network don't make a huge fuss out of it like they've done in the pass. He probably just doesn't want to go training camp. I'm really getting sick of this. Make up your mind and stick to your decision.

3. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

This is it...to me...mean this upcoming season will be it.

Favre is a drama queen and ESPN is partially to blame

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Just keep in mind that when Michael Jackson said "This is it" it meant a comeback. Maybe Favre is getting ready for an epic comeback? :D

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I was actually thinking about that right before you posted it, haha.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No kidding, God that guy is such a drama queen. And you're right, ESPN radio reported yesterday that Deena Favre renewed her gym membership in Minneapolis for another year just recently.

What's with all the texts? What are you, a 13 year old girl? Just say you're going to play or you're not going to play. Make up your mind.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...."

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well supposedly even Favre's agent called him a drama queen a few weeks ago.

Here's the article:

Even Brett Favre's agent thinks Favre is a drama queen | ProFootballTalk.com

I don't understand why he's going through this again though, he's had some bad rep for doing it a few times. Why hasn't he learned from his mistakes. Just make your decision, don't make a big deal out of it, and move on.

9. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I know it doesn't really contribute to the conversation, but I'm so sick of this!

At least if you're going to follow through one year, do it suddenly. Don't start with the "I'm maybe thinking about it but probably not unless maybe this happens ..."

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I am a time traveler and Brett Favre said this in 2015, too, right before signing with the Lions for $27 mil. All kidding aside, I wont believe it until I see it. But this will definitely hurt the Vikings chance for a Superbowl if this is true. The division for sure goes out the window. Wild Card not even a guarantee. Remember all 4 teams from the NFC East can very well make the playoffs, and the Falcons, 49ers, and Cardinals will be there too.