• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rumor: Shaq to Trading Block

BigBob

Registered Member
When the Cleveland Cavaliers brought on big man Shaquille O'Neal this off-season, most folks figured this was the key to a championship. But if it doesn't appear to be working, O'Neal will be right back on the trading block at the deadline in February, according to the Wall Street Journal.
I don't know if I believe it because it's the WSJ, but if it's true.. wow. Big waste of money even bringing him in.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What? This article doesnt make any damn sense to me.

How the hell do they know he'll be on the trading block in FEBRUARY!!?!? What if they are in first place? I dont believe this for a second.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Yeah I'm with Millz this makes no sense what-so-ever. And why would the WSJ be breaking this story instead of espn/yahoo/rotowire something like that?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think what their trying to say is this, if the experience of Shaquille O'Neal isnt working come February they'll put him on the trading block because there's a team out there that will be contending for a championship that could use his services. It would clear up some cap space for them as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think what their trying to say is this, if the experience of Shaquille O'Neal isnt working come February they'll put him on the trading block because there's a team out there that will be contending for a championship that could use his services. It would clear up some cap space for them as well.
Ah yeah, you're right.

But seriously, they will be in contention...they will be one of the top 3 seeds.

DCM87

Registered Member
I suppose we all really won't know until the season begins of course, being that we cannot predict the future, accurately. I do not feel as though Shaq is the answer to Cleveland's woes anyway.

And quite honestly, I never liked this move to begin with, as I feel Cleveland did this just to throw a big man down low in an attempt to throw a contract at LeBron and get him to sign.

Smart man to decline and wait out this season before making any new deals. I will give him that respect.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shaq will definitely make this team better, I know they need a power forward, because that was one of their biggest weaknesses last season. But Shaq when healthy will cause a lot of problems for other centers in this league.

They didn't do this to throw a contract to LeBron they did they because their trying to win a Championship, Shaq will make this team better. Also Shaq knows that this is LeBron's team.

LeBron knows he's going to get a lot of money and teams will be gunning for his services, that's why he's waiting till the season is over to make a decision.