• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ruger 10/22 and Mods.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Regarded as the "Funnest Little Rifle on the Market" I've been debating on buying a new one for mod/fun purposes mostly. A project rifle if you may. However I'm not exactly sure the direction I wanna go in, what with the 10/22 being so customizable, I dunno if I wanna go with the "Replica" route or the "functional" route.

By Replica I mean stripping the market model of its action and implementing it into one of the WWII Replica Kits. Basically a show it off at the range gun.

By Functional I mean upgrading the Barrel and Stock to aftermarket Synthetic Comp grade mods. Basically a Tack driving target gun.

any advice, links, or comments?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'm either getting the 10/22 or the Mosin as my next gun... we'll see in due time.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been eyeballing this particular "Bell & Carlson" synthetic stock, problem is I have yet to see it for the 10/22. Seems like the only version of this one is for a Remington 700... :hah: I may have to get me one just so I can put this stock to use.

Bell & Carlson 2960 "Medalist"