Rudy sent to hospital after Laker/Blazer showdown

Discussion in 'NBA' started by EndWinterRomance, Mar 11, 2009.

1. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

YouTube - Lakers Blazers Postgame 3-9-09 Report Rudy Fernandez Injured, Trevor Ariza Ejected for Flagrant 2

So my dad was at the game and he said that in person the foul against Rudy looked more intentional. He laid under the basket for 10 min. then was taken by stretcher off the court. He was then transported to a hospital where he reported chest pains that were confirmed to just be minor soft tissue damage. I can only imagine you would definitely get the wind knocked the hell outta you taking a spill like that.

So here is my issue. Odom got a one game suspension, which was deserved for violating the rule about leaving the bench to fight, but other then being ejected from the game, Ariza had no disciplinary action taken.

What do you guys think? Do you really think he felt bad? My dad said while it was going on he was more concerned with fighting the blazers then with Rudy. He not once asked if Rudy was ok and during the following interviews didn't even refer to Rudy by name, acting like it was just some nameless person who got hurt. It showed a level of disrespect for the situation that resembled a "woe is me" attitude.

discuss

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Basketball is a fast sport, and even though that looked pretty intentional, sometimes a flagrant foul is enough. I believe that Ariza should of gotten at least a one game suspension for his act towards Fernandez, but it doesn'y really surprise me that he didn't get anything.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I still don't believe Odom should've gotten any disciplinary action towards him. It's one of the rules in sports that I disagree with 100%.

4. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

I guess it doesnt really surprise me either but it is still unfortunate he didn't get the game suspension so he knows hey when someone is flying through the air off of one foot just let them get the freaking basket. i mean they were down by a shit ton anyhow and i understand he was probably extremely frustrated but it feels like he isnt gonna learn from it. i know that sounds like treating a child but lets face it they acted like oversized preschoolers.

do you mind if i ask why you disagree with this rule? If people can get up off the bench and run out to fight do you know how dangerous it could have gotten? i know this may seem like a stretch but if all the players went to fight then the people in the stands could have tried to join to (i go to the rose garden all the time getting to the court from anywhere is pretty damn easy) and people could have gotten hurt more so then they already did.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry EWR, but you cannot just let him the dunk the ball, I know Ariza was pretty far of Fernandez, but I believe he could of fouled him better then he did on that play. Two points is two points, it could decide the game at the end. So even though it was a dirty foul, it was still a good foul, if you know what I mean.