Rudy Gay private workout

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 25, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Looks like he's out there trying to prove the critics wrong saying that he doesn't have enough heart, and enough passion to become a better player. Was it me or did they say the same thing for another huskie player last year? I believe is name was Charlie Villaneuva, I think he finished second in rookie of the year voting.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1308

comments people.

2. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

It really doesn't suprise me that he has done a private workout. He could be so good and now that he has been criticized, that will just make him better and drive him to try and get better. Charlie Villaneuva has had an amazing season and being criticized shows how much it can change someone's game. I hope Rudy Gay will prove them all wrong.

3. Babe_Ruth

I do too, and the two players I want the Raptors to take is between Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay, and now that I've read this article, it's making me change my my mind a bit that I would prefer having Rudy Gay, even though he's considered has a Small Forward I believe he can play the shooting guard position he's that talented.

4. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Toronto could be a good team. Bonner can knock down three's, Morris Peterson is settling down and playing much better, if Mike James stays, he's a very good scorer and of course Chris Bosh. Rudy Gay could give them another presence in the backcourt and could make them a dangerous team from time to time.

5. Babe_Ruth

First off I don't want Mike James to be on this team anymore he said that is goal is to play for the Houston Rockets then go play for them we don't want you here. Also it's a players option on is contract so it's is decision if he wants to come back. I don't want him back. Also Matt Bonner, the only thing he can do is shoot threes nothing else he might get a few rebounds here and there but usally get man handled by other center or power forwards. I want him out of Raptor Land. Now the Raptors don't really have a true point guard, Alvin Williams will probably not be back with the team next year, and if he does he won't be the same that he was 5 years ago, he has to many injuries, and Jose Calderon is more suited for a back up roll, and hopefully is heel is not a concern this year again. Also we do have Roko Ukic which we drafted in the second round last year, he's a point guard but who knows if he'll play in Croatia again this year. Now I believe if we did draft Gay he would be able to play right away. He's a very versatile player, reminds me of a young Scottie Pippen, now I know this it's hard to believe that I just said that but this kid does a lot things to help the team. I watched a couple of Huskies games this year, and he has really impressed me, now I read that he has the heart and motivation to become an elite player, it only impresses me more.

6. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

I admit that Bonner can only hit three's, but not too long ago Donyell Marshall was like that and now look at him. Mike James doesn't deserve to stay after everything he's been saying so they will need another point guard who is a pass first shoot second type of guy yet can score. Then you've got Rudy Gay. His first season with the Raptors, if he gets chose, he could be one of the go to guys after Chris Bosh and maybe Morris Peterson. It will be interesting to see what they will do for next season and hopefully they will be good because Toronto can be an exciting team from time to time.

7. Babe_Ruth

Oh Raptors are a very exciting team to watch, and you mentioned that Marshall was a Raptor that only shot threes, well I have to disagree with you because Marshall got rebounds, yes he shot a lot of threes but he wasn't streaky like Bonner is, and I believed he average close to 7rpg while playing in a Raptors uniform. We have to many options but I think that Gay is an option that we should look very closely.

8. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Marshall did get rebounds yet he had a very outside game, much like Bonner. He just needs to be able to rebound and he could make a difference. Rudy Gay is exciting to watch and he could make a difference to them offensively and possibly defensively. Draft night will be very interesting.

9. Midnight

Midnight Guest

This would be the scenario IF the Raptors were to settle on a guard in the draft. The way things are sounding Mike James unfortunately will not be back next year, he's pursuing Houston again. If Rudy works his tail off, it can work in the end for the Raptors with their situation with the guards. The bigmen is another story. I posted my thoughts on Aldridge on the Raptors in another thread.

The Raptors have difficult decisions ahead of them in general.

I am not knocking on Bonner's shooting in general but he could diversify his game somewhat. Same thing with Donyell Marshall, you notice how much more flexible the offense was when Marshall mixed up his game between post and outside. He's not that bad inside but I wonder why he never likes to play down there. Morris Peterson same thing, except he takes a one dribble shoot now instead of just a head fake. He drives the lane too, isnt that amazing??!! The Raptors have too many one-sided players, or just soft players.

10. Babe_Ruth

Yes I think Rudy Gay would help us a lot, also Charlie V played with him for a year, so he can tell the coaches about him a little bit. Also why do you say unfortunately Mike James will be gone, I am very happy he's leaving and I'm like 98% he won't be back.

Also I agree that Marshall did play an inside and outside game which left the other team guessing on what he's going to do, Bonner doesn't do that everyone knows he's on the floor to take a three nothing else.