• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Royals vs Giants: World Series

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I say Royals, and Alex Gordon has his coming-out party.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm going to say Royals in 6. I don't think they'll continue to be undefeated, but I think that if they stay hot this Series is theirs to lose. The Giants are such a tough team, but I also would have said that about the O's.

I'm picking the Giants to win this one but I wouldn't be even surprised if the Royals actually pull this off. They're such in a hot streak that if they were able to destroy the Angels & Orioles the way they did, they can beat a wildcard team like the Giants.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
SMH ...

@hankschulman
Reporter just asked [Sergio] Romo what country he was from originally. Romo: "United States....it's nice to do background work." #sfgiants
Wow.

Then again, Romo at the 2012 victory parade:

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
My prediction is Royals in 6 games.

Position by position
SP - edge Giants
RP - edge Royals
1B- push
2B - edge Royals
SS - edge Giants
3B - push
C - edge Giants
LF - edge Royals
CF - edge Royals
RF - edge Giants
DH - edge Royals
bench - push
manager - edge Giants

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Will be interesting to see if Yost brings back Shields for Game 5 if it gets to that point, especially if the Royals are down 3-1.

I know he's their ace, but he's been brutal for going on a month.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Will be interesting to see if Yost brings back Shields for Game 5 if it gets to that point, especially if the Royals are down 3-1.

I know he's their ace, but he's been brutal for going on a month.
Highly doubt he goes away from him as his options there are really slim. You have Ventura at 23 years old and already having 200+ IP, most he's ever had, on short rest or someone out of the bullpen who is not stretched out like Danny Duffy who has barely pitched in 30 days.

It will be Shields despite his 7.10 post season ERA this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Giants do not look like they are ever going to touch the Royals' back three. They're going to have to score early and hold on for dear life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 2
V Baseball 0
V Baseball 2
V Baseball 1