Royal Rumber or Survivor Series

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Royal Rumble match where 20/30 men battle in intervals until one one survives. Speaking of surviving, the other one was a simple PPV with the idea where it's about team survival instead of every man for themselves like the Royal Rumble. The Survivor Series originally featured all elimination matches giving the wrestlers the goal of being the sole survivor.

Which original stipulation made the PPV more appealing for you? Was seeing thirty men compete in one match over all others or were you a sucker for once a year team elimination matches?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Royal Rumble for me. Knowing a wrestler being eliminated once he/she goes over the ropes, seeing heels team up with faces to take out giants and most of all, the surprises!

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV, so I'll go with that. I've ordered a couple of SS, and while awesome, they didn't really compare to the Rumble, at least for me.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

The Survivor Series just isn't the same feel anymore but I always preferred the Royal Rumble match over it anyways. There's just something exciting about it...the unknown...or something...I dunno.

5. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I have to go with the Royal Rumble, because the stakes of the match itself are bigger...it can take someone from the Mid Card and elevate them to main event status (like Batista, Benoit, and Mysterio). It was so awesome this year with Edge's victory. My favorite PPV of the year with WWE.

I do love elimination matches, though. I'm always playing them on wrestling video games, lol. I was stoked when Orton kept being the sole survivor each year at Survivor series. I do agree with Millz, they've kind of departed from their older feel...I think they need to do more to make it a big deal, and maybe do less actual SS style matches (they do it with every feud around now, and it kind of cheapens things).

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

The Survivor series was great back in the 90s....but I feel the last good survivor series was in 2001, where the Alliance and the WWF were to finish off there amazing rivalry....

The Royal Rumble is always special, that's why people watch the show in the first place, the matches are icing on the cake.

Seeing awesome stars entering the ring, to loud ovations....honorable mentions go out to:

The Rock in Royal Rumble 2000....one of his biggest pops ever.

Stone Cold Steve Austin in Royal Rumble 2001 and 1999.

John Cena in Royal Rumble 2008.

Just to name a few.