Rowdy Roddy Piper's cancer returns

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Man, this really sucks. He's one of the all time greats

:(

http://rajah.com/base/node/17313

2. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

:( My prayers are with The Rowdy One and his family. What a great guy.

Hiei likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a shame, he fought so hard to combar his first illness and now he's diagnose again. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

This is a real shame, I loved watching Piper when I was younger, its sad that this has happened to him, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

5. Babe_Ruth

To me he's one of the best heels of all time, he might be loved by the fans today, but back in the 80's everyone hated, which is a good thing because it means that he did his job well. He wasn't the best in the ring but he could handle himself. He excelled on the microphone though, he was one of the best in the business on the stick.

6. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I loved him as the bad guy, and the simplicity of some of his in ring antics, standing there and poking someone in the eye always made me laugh reminded me of the Three Stooges.

Pipers Pit was always entertaining to watch too, but like you said he was hated by fans for some of the stuff he did, hitting Jimmy Snuka with a coconut if I remember rightly erned him a whole host of new people hating him.
    He always looked like he could handle himself in an all out brawl as well as wrestle, he will be missed when he passes.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I loved Piper and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

8. Babe_Ruth

That's funny you know all this stuff Wolfheart, the reason being is because we never see you posting in the Wrestling section.

But I agree with you Piper's Pit was great, that's when he was at his best in my opinion, the beating he gave Snuka was priceless and so entertaining. I'll always remember when he took that fire extinguisher and turned it on Morton Downey Jr because he kept blowing smoke in his face. That was priceless.

9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

OMG, I remeber that! That was classic! Piper was awesome.

10. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

He was by far the best heel to ever step foot in the squared circle.

Have just found this on f4w

For fuck sake edit after edit but Dave Meltzer has spoken

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009