Rove: O'Donnell must explain witchcraft comments

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think its about as dangerous as having a Muslim for President.

In otherwords, I think its bullshit scare tactics that mean little to nothing to what the person or politician (haha notice I dont consider them to be the same thing) has to offer to their Constituents. Also, does Witchcraft fall under "Religion"? What happened to Religious Tolerance :hah:

But yeah if "witchcraft" is the worst thing they've got to wrangle up on O'Donnell... then I'd say she's one squeaky clean individual.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was watcing Bill Maher the other day and he played a clip of O'Donnell on his show years ago talking about her being involved in witchcraft.

I've said before I would vote for an atheist, a Muslim, a Buddhist,....anyone of any religion or anyone with no belief in a diety really except something nutty like believing in the Halle Bop Comet or something odd like it.

Witchcraft or someone being a Wiccan for example wouldn't prevent me from voting for them either, I'd vote or not vote for them based on the issues. That said I do think she should explain her comments but I do think many are going to hold this against her.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
It's political death. Her constituency is not too tolerant of 'alternative religions,' especially those closely associated with Satan. Ask yourself this, if you disbelieve: when did Karl Rove ever do any nasty thing halfway?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh I believe she did it and I agree that 99.9% of her constituency is full of Bible Thumping Soccer Moms and their P-Whipped other Halves that are shittin' kittens when they heard this.

I believe its sad that she'll lose favor after a win such as this over something as stupid as this.

In my opinion, its her personal life and I realize that when you become a Politician, you become a celebrity and lose all rights to your own personal life. However its the choices like these that I dont feel really belong in politics. I mean really... how is practicing witch craft as a Wiccan any different than President Obama practicing Christianity as an Episcopalian.

To me its just more of the same, and Rove is acting as a Wolf... steering the mindless Sheep in bad directions.

All in all I just wish people could vote on the issues and not the persona.

Double-R

Registered Member
I was listening to the news this morning and I couldn't help but laugh at this Rove character. Honestly, she doesn't need to explain jack-shit to him because he was the cabron that brought it up in the first place in an effort to smear her.

Fear mongering at its finest, folks...*smh*

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
So she made an off-hand remark like 10 years ago on a total dickheads show that she went on a date with a "wiccan" and she now has to prove that she's not a witch? WTF!

So Obama can sit in the pew of a church that advocates a racist america loathing black separatist ideal from a "reverend" who he could no longer disown than a family member, hangs out with a guy that was involved in a group that set BOMBS, gets a sweetheart deal on real estate from a shady character, refuses to release his college records, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. The lamestream water carrying media can't be troubled with that, but any conservative leaning woman can be destroyed? Where are the feminists? Where is the "media" when it comes to vetting Obama? They love to destroy any "country class" person who dares to get votes all the while defending any "ruling class" elite that is in with the "in" crowd. What a freaking double standard.

Double-R

Registered Member
So she made an off-hand remark like 10 years ago on a total dickheads show that she went on a date with a "wiccan" and she now has to prove that she's not a witch? WTF!
Thank you! There's a whole bunch of things in this world that really aren't right, especially here in the US and all this Rove dude can find is the fact that O'Donnell dated someone of a different religious belief?

That's a damn shame. Not even anything political, its on her past in high school! She's running for office and this dude is just asshurt because she beat out all the GOP hopefuls, am I right? *smfh*

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
What I want to know is why is Rove giving any traction or paying any attention to what that weasel-faced prick has to say about ANYTHING? Here's an idea, how about if Maher has to account for all the ignorant asshole comments he made in the last 2 years? let alone the last 10. I would like to see someone go through Maher's past and bring up each and every transgression that exceeds going on a date with a wiccan when she was in her early 20s. Ill bet just the crap he has done in the last year makes anything that O'Donnel has ever done pale in comparison. Since when does that jerk have the moral high ground on ANY ISSUE?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

So Obama can sit in the pew of a church that advocates a racist america loathing black separatist ideal from a "reverend" who he could no longer disown than a family member, hangs out with a guy that was involved in a group that set BOMBS, gets a sweetheart deal on real estate from a shady character, refuses to release his college records, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. The lamestream water carrying media can't be troubled with that, but any conservative leaning woman can be destroyed? Where are the feminists? Where is the "media" when it comes to vetting Obama? They love to destroy any "country class" person who dares to get votes all the while defending any "ruling class" elite that is in with the "in" crowd. What a freaking double standard.
And when I was watching Maher I told a family member "this coming from the guy that blasts those who question Obama's associations"....rank hypocrisy at it's finest.