• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Round 2 One vs. the Other Voting Game

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Music vs Movies.

Thanks to those participating in this game. If you have any idea for challenges send me a messages. I will most likely take your idea and add it to a new challenge. . Each week are two opponents being a person, place, or thing of which one person will choose between the 2 options.

This weeks topic is movies vs music.

What would you rather get for Christmas as a gift if you had a relative that had a lot of money to give you of these two gifts? Choose one option only. Please give an explanation why you chose your answer. Doesn't need to be a long reason. A couple sentences works.

Option 1 A $500 gift card to your local movie theater to watch moves? Of course with this card you can also buy snacks. .

Option 2 A $500 pass to see any concert of your preferred place to watch music any day of the week as long as your groups or soloist or symphonies lovers want to see. Whatever music you like rock or opera. . Anything goes.

So option 1 is $500 movie card for Christmas

Option 2 $500 pass for your favorite place to see music of your choice. . I will wait until someone answers before I put mine.

Impaired

Registered Member
Option 2. Live music is an experience above and beyond what you can get from a movie, even a great movie. There is a local place, the Keswick Theater, near me that is one of my favorite venues. $500 is a lot of shows.

Impaired

Registered Member
I saw Jethro Tull there a few years ago and did not expect this:

Lucia Micarelli blew my socks off.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
maria says she chooses movies b/c it's a better way to unwind after a grueling day...the snacks are better and they now make theater seats that recline so she can put her feet up.. she would look forward to days like these especially if her feet are swollen..

Impaired

Registered Member
I went to the Movie Tavern last night to see the latest Star Wars (I liked it despite the flaws) and I have to admit, the powered recliners and food service are pretty cool. We ordered popcorn, beer and appetizers and they bring them to your seat.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Ok this sounds like a good Star Wars..After you last post Impaired I became more interested. I'm vision impaired and asking my fiancee and a friend to go see this movie and then tell me what they thought about it. I just hope this one thing and that is they have most of the original Star wars characters.

Now tell me who are you favorite character (s)?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think I gotta go with the movie option. These days I don't really go to concerts all that much. I kinda replaced seeing concerts with seeing comedy shows.

I still go to plenty of movies, however. Saw Star Wars last month, saw Jumanji last night, there are some cool superhero movies coming up as well. So I gotta go movies. It was packed at our local cinema last night, which is nice to see.

Impaired

Registered Member
Ok this sounds like a good Star Wars..After you last post Impaired I became more interested. I'm vision impaired and asking my fiancee and a friend to go see this movie and then tell me what they thought about it. I just hope this one thing and that is they have most of the original Star wars characters.

Now tell me who are you favorite character (s)?
In this one?

Chewy and Maz. Hard not to say Leia, but it would be for sentimental reasons only, not because she had an outstanding part.

Not really a fan of the new characters. Kylo Renn is better in this than the first but I don't get Rei and Finn. Just doesn't do it for me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll go with the movies option. I love music, but I prefer to enjoy it alone. Film is less personal for me, so I don't mind sharing the experience. Although people are awful and do their best to ruin everything. Haha.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
It's time I put in my answer..I have to go with movies also b/c first of all it's besides how loud a movie is it's considered quiet in a theater after that. It's also dark and not smokey..At a concert you always have people jumping up and down and maybe blocking your view...And that is also very noisy for me and hard to get your hearing back.
With the movie theater it's hard to sit at a popular movie like Passion of the Christ from the front row and having to keep lifting your head up and down from the first few rows.
Movies is my choice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 9
Impact Music 12
Impact Music 13
Impact Music 21
Impact Music 11