Rotoworld rates the top 25 moves of the offseason

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Ryuk, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Always hate that they do this when the offseason isn't over and there are still a few potential big signings that will happen, still I thought it was worth noting:

25 - Red Soxs sign Brad Penny
    24 - Tigers acquire Edwin Jackson from Rays for Matt Joyce
    23 - Cardinals acquire Khalil Greene from Padres for Mark Worrell and a player to be named later
    22 - Royals acquire Coco Crisp from Red Sox for Ramon Ramirez
    21 - Athletics sign Jason Giambi
    20 - Giants sign Randy Johnson
    19 - Phillies sign Jamie Moyer
    18 - Giants sign Edgar Renteria
    17 - Indians aquire Mark DeRosa from Cubs for three prospects
    16 - Dodgers sign Casey Blake
    15 - Reds aquire Ramon Hernandez from the Orioles for Ryan Freel and two prospects
    14 - Braves acquire Javier Vazquez and Boone Logan from the White Sox for Brent Lillibridge and three prospects
    13 - Yankees acquire Nick Swisher and a prospect from White Sox for Wilson Betemit and two prospects
    12 - Rays sign Pat Burrell
    11 - Phillies sign Raul Ibanez
    10 - Cubs sign Milton Bradley
    9 - Indians sign Kerry Wood
    8 - Angels sign Brian Fuentes
    7 - Dodgers sign Rafael Furcal
    6 - Mets acquire JJ. Putz in a three way deel with Mariners and Indians
    5 - Mets sign Francisco Rodriguez
    4 - Yankees sign A.J. Burnett
    3 - Athletics acquire Matt Holliday from Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez, Huston Street and Greg Smith
    2 - Yankees sign Mark Teixeira
    1 - Yankees sign CC Sabathia

Methinks I would of moved four lower and put the current number five in that spot. Also think that while Ibanez is a good addition to the Phils, I'd still rate the Rays picking up Burrell higher. Don't think I would of put 20 or 25 on my list, but then again in the case of 25 wherever Mantard winds up it'll knock it off the list.