Ross Does Sick OAP Sex Gag

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Jonathan Ross does sick OAP sex gag on Radio 2 | News | News Of The World

Apparently he hasn't learnt his lesson. After coming back from a three month suspention Ross and his Producer, Davies, make a gag about an 80 year old woman who was hitting on said Producer in Spain.

And last night as it emerged that the woman is a REAL PERSON with ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
Don't like him and i don't care much for Russel Brand either.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Call me heartless, but I don't see the big deal. She's old and tries to kiss younger men. Why not joke about it?

wooly

I am the woolrus
I probably would have made the same joke to be honest :p

It's that kind of edgy humour that made him famous in the first place though. I'd hate to see him have to tip toe around every single subject after his suspension. I'd rather see him be his own, funny self.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
The fact that she has Alzhimers and isn't aware if what she's actually doing; my Nan had it before she died-it's nothing to joke about.

Another reason is that he does his show in the morning when parents are driving kids to school and such, its not really a good example for them now is it?

wooly

I am the woolrus
he had no idea that she had alzheimers though. He didn't know the woman. As for the time, that's up to radio 2. He's their top star so they're going to have him on at the peak time. Anyways, after listening to the clip i don't think there's anything particularly offensive about it. It mostly just talks about 'hugs and kisses' then with some mild innuendos towards the end. There's no foul language and nobody is set out to be directly insulted.

If the andrew sachs incident hadn't happened there's no way in hell this would have made the news.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
He'll never get sacked though, because the Beeb believe that he is a firm fan favourite. A funny man that everyone loves.

He isn't. The vast majority of British people don't actually like him at all, but have to put up with him because he gets his face everywhere. He even had to ruin Only Fools and Horses' comeback with his presence. I say get rid of him, stick him on a remote SkyTV channel and lets get some real talent in the Beeb.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
The producer and his wife know she has alzhimers, it doesn't take two seconds to say 'she tries to kiss me, but she's sick and doesn't know what she's doing', instead he made a joke that she liked younger men.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Another reason is that he does his show in the morning when parents are driving kids to school and such, its not really a good example for them now is it?
You sound so preachy. If he has a reputation for being like this maybe parents shouldn't put on his station, now should they/

lolacherry

Registered Member
News of the Screws are always the moral highground?
Were they not one of the first to express the outrage of the sachs phonecalls and everyone who never heard it jumped in!

It will probebly be just me but i think the whole situation was blown out of proportion. Fair enough, i listened to the show and heard what they were saying and it is not appropriate to be that rude or say things of the sorts to anyone be it a celeb or someone normal but it went on far too long. they have appologised, they have been fired, they have had their name scrawled across newspapers saying what bad men they are and they have accepted what they did was wrong but Ross has always been making jokes like this for years. why is it now suddenly an outrage?

Picking holes in a healing wound is all it is

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Don't know much about car radios do you? They have a built in RDS (or maybe its RTD, i forget) the radio channels can automatically change while driving to pick up stations that carry traffic reports-they can be on for a few minutes before changing back. It's not always the parents fault.