Rookies

F

forsberg21

This years crop of rookies has been the best in a long time. Who do you guys think was the best rookie this year? and who was your favorite. I thought the best was Alexander Ovechkin, my favorite was Dion Phaneuf.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My favorite rookie was Alexander Ovechkin the things he did on the ice where just plainly amazing. The goal that he scored against Pheonix Coyotes was just sick. I also think he was the best rookie of the year, and I am glad that he did better then Sid the Kid. Also I read that you are a Avalanche fan so you must be impress with Svatos, he was very good and a big surprise this year, it's a shame he got injured.

F

Forbidden

I liked Crosby the best, mainly because I'm from Pittsburgh. Phaneuf, Ovechkin, and Lundquist were all good too.

F

forsberg21

Vince Carter said:
My favorite rookie was Alexander Ovechkin the things he did on the ice where just plainly amazing. The goal that he scored against Pheonix Coyotes was just sick. I also think he was the best rookie of the year, and I am glad that he did better then Sid the Kid. Also I read that you are a Avalanche fan so you must be impress with Svatos, he was very good and a big surprise this year, it's a shame he got injured.
I really was impressed with svatos, but i must admit i was kind of expecting it after his brief appearance in the 03-04 season, and his playoffs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah Cam Ward is really good so far he has helped the Canes move on to the Eastern Conference Final, but so has Ryan Miller and he's a rookie as well, I can't believe that he was let off the American team. Pretty funny actually.

Turbo

Registered Member
Ovechkin proved to be the best making Crosby the overhyped punk that he is. My favs are Prucha and Lundqvist...watch out for my Rangers next season. :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lundqvist had a really good first half of the season then he dropped off the radar for a bit. They had a good cropped of rookies this year, I also like Christopher Higgins from the Montreal Canadians. He started off real slow but after the olympic break he teared it up.

Crosby is not overated let's not forget he's only 18 and scored over 100points which is amazing. Watch out for him in the years to come he'll be tearing it up.

Turbo

Registered Member
I think the olympics hurt Lundqvist and many others. Hank wasn't used to playing this many games and the olympics were what screwed him up. Next season be ready for the reign of King Henry.