• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Roode & Young done with TNA

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I just read a report credited to PWInsider that Bobby Roode and Eric Young will be finishing their commitments with TNA at tonight's Impact tapings and will be free agents. Roode is 39 and Young is 36. I really hope both head to WWE.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Read that on Facebook earlier and TNA relased statements acknowledging that both Bobby Roode & Eric Young are leaving the company. HUGE blow for them when 2 TNA Originals hand over their notice to the company.

All of a sudden, James Storm might be regretting not choosing NXT over TNA.

As for who will end up where, what I'm hoping: Roode & Young both to WWE. What I'm expecting: probably working the indies, mostly Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling. But if I'm Triple H, I'm jumping on my phone on Sunday morning to secure them to contracts. At least, verbal deals to appear on NXT, a bit like Samoa Joe first had.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Goode? haha @Babe_Ruth are you able to fix my thread title for me?

That was the first thought that I had too @EdgeHead - did Storm's dumb decision cost us Beer Money in WWE?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Storm did say in an interview that there were no hard feelings when Storm returned to TNA over sticking with NXT. With that said, I don't know if Bobby Roode would be used for NXT or would he go straight to the main roster. After all, the AJ Styles experiment has proven to be conclusive as he's getting huge reactions everywhere do they might be tempted to take Roode for the main roster. EY though, I think that NXT would suit him perfectly.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
TNA offered Storm like 250K so he had to take that. I'm sure he's cool with that decision haha

And I mean if someone like Aries is in NXT then why not Roode or Young? Booby R especially, he's a star.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wonder if - due to his age - it's possible Roode ever gets higher on the card than IC or US Champ? If he had been in WWE for a little bit longer, starting when he was younger, I'd bank that he would be a WWE World Heavyweight Champ. Now, if he starts in NXT, I'm no so sure. AJ Styles is only a year younger or so, and I could see him winning the title someday, so I guess you never know. Guys wrestle pretty late age-wise sometimes.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
But Roode has been working a very safe style over the years. Hasn't been involved in a whole lot of high-risk matches and he's been healthy - well, in a pro wrestler's capacity of course - through all of his career so there isn't any question about his physical condition and if his body will hold on. And like I said previously, AJ Styles' reaction from the audience obviously is proof that guys from other promotions can bring their following to the WWE roster so there's no reason that Roode couldn't accomplish the same.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Roode doesn't have the same exposure (Japan) but he's highly accomplished. I think he'd be good in NXT like Joe is and then bring him up after he's been there a bit. AJ is on another level but Roode is legit.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Roode joining up with NXT seems like a no brainer. But Eric is the wildcard. Does WWE want Eric, or does Eric want to go to WWE at all, and do a ton of Indy spots?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
EY has already worked a couple of matches for WWE in 2003-2004, either on Velocity or Heat so WWE probably knows already what they'll get out of him. I think that character-wise, EY might have more potential than Bobby Roode but Roode is such a sure bet as a worker that either way, you can't go wrong with both if you're WWE. What EY can bring you as a character, Roode will do the same with workrate.