• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ron Paul's predictions from 2002 come true.

dDave

V.I.P.
I found this to be quite shocking myself. I found this on Google+ today on my news feed. One of my friends happens to be a big Ron Paul fan.

This video is back from 2002 with Ron Paul addressing the Speaker.

Here's the video.

Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions All Come True - Incredible Video! - YouTube

I think that it's incredible just how many things Ron Paul was able to predict. I'm not a huge Ron Paul fan because I feel that he would severely weaken the USAs military but this has definitely made me reconsider. It's become clear to me that he's not just another candidate but he's also incredibly intelligent.

What are your thoughts on this?

Wade8813

Registered Member
It's very interesting. Some of the things I want to dismiss as being kind of obvious, but considering how many people didn't see it coming...

As a candidate, I really have mixed feelings about him (although I guess that's true of the entire field :dunno:)

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Ok, I had to click on some of the John Stewart links on the side and him calling out the media and them ignoring Ron Paul made me laugh. Good job.

I agree with Wade, some of those were obvious, but some were not. And even if they were obvious it is very disconcerting how ignored they were by everyone else. I'm really starting to like Ron Paul more and more.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I know this kind of sounds superficial but I've been looking for a reason to give some sort of shadow of a doubt on Ron Paul. The fact that he'd come out and give a 5-10 year plan like that, challenging alot of the current establishment and the future one w/o it being an election year... I actually believe that is a strong statement. Regardless of whether it came true (which obviously it did and that makes it more powerful) but that fact aside.... Shows some gumption and I like that.

I wanna say sure, alot of the stuff in the middle east, probably didnt take a genius to figure out due to alot of the events there being historically cyclical. But in 2002 things were good here on home soil... for him to drop the nail on the head of things here, well thats impressive.

I wonder if he was just taking a long shot or if he was adamant about these beliefs?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I know this kind of sounds superficial but I've been looking for a reason to give some sort of shadow of a doubt on Ron Paul. The fact that he'd come out and give a 5-10 year plan like that, challenging alot of the current establishment and the future one w/o it being an election year... I actually believe that is a strong statement. Regardless of whether it came true (which obviously it did and that makes it more powerful) but that fact aside.... Shows some gumption and I like that.

I wanna say sure, alot of the stuff in the middle east, probably didnt take a genius to figure out due to alot of the events there being historically cyclical. But in 2002 things were good here on home soil... for him to drop the nail on the head of things here, well thats impressive.

I wonder if he was just taking a long shot or if he was adamant about these beliefs?
While I've always like Paul's honesty and not your typical candidate out of central casting I've always kind of dismissed him as akin to someone's crazy uncle and I'm finding out more and more I was wrong about the guy. He challenged the establishment like you brought up ten years ago and I like that. As leaning more and more towards the guy.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Yesterday I wrote down everything I want in a president and Paul's name came up more than any other. It was funny because as I'm filling it out I kept saying, ok-Paul meets that criteria, but that doesn't mean I can vote for him. I realized that I've been influenced against Paul by the alphabet media and also by conservative media. I've also been influenced by a certain crowd of Paul supporters that only care about legalizing drugs.

I'm just in the same boat as you CO with taking a good solid second look at Paul. Here's something that I think you'll agree with me CO about Paul. One of the items I wrote down is "Which candidate understands history well enough to apply it to today?" The only 2 candidates that meet that are Paul and Gingrich. That's why this video in the OP is so amazing. Paul understood what was coming because Paul understands history.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yesterday I wrote down everything I want in a president and Paul's name came up more than any other. It was funny because as I'm filling it out I kept saying, ok-Paul meets that criteria, but that doesn't mean I can vote for him. I realized that I've been influenced against Paul by the alphabet media and also by conservative media. I've also been influenced by a certain crowd of Paul supporters that only care about legalizing drugs.

I'm just in the same boat as you CO with taking a good solid second look at Paul. Here's something that I think you'll agree with me CO about Paul. One of the items I wrote down is "Which candidate understands history well enough to apply it to today?" The only 2 candidates that meet that are Paul and Gingrich. That's why this video in the OP is so amazing. Paul understood what was coming because Paul understands history.
I agree with you, and I have a lot of problems with Gingrich most notably his plan regarding the judiciary. He's right, Thomas Jefferson tried the same thing in regards to judges and Justices he disagreed with, but he failed, and rigtfully so. Jefferson trying the same thing doesn't make it correct. Had Jefferson been successful it would have set a very dangerous precedent. That leaves Paul as the one I consider who understands history and applying it today.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's why this video in the OP is so amazing. Paul understood what was coming because Paul understands history.
yeah I totally agree. Thats what I mentioned in my post there that I felt alot of the predictions in the middle east werent to out of reach to predict if you had a slim grasp on cyclical history.

After this video I've been doing some further research on Paul. Prior to the video, I had just kept him in the corner of my mind as the crazy old guy that probably wont make it anyway... but the more research I do the more I find myself believing that that shouldnt be the case. Ron Paul really has something I can bite into.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I've known for a while that I liked a lot of his stances on things, but how I've seen some of it portrayed had me a bit worried. And the only people I've met that support him tend to be slightly nutty conservatives - they're smart, and they're often right on a lot of things, but they go too far.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its important to note that often a guy will say something on the stump and then reality hits and he has to adjust his philosophy. Take Obama. Candidate Obama had the ridiculous stance that Iran couldn't hurt us because they are a small country and the best way to deal with them is by talking to them. President Obama however has done a fantastic job controlling Iran. The Esther virus, the secret kills, the mysterious explosions in nuclear locations and the sanctions have all been superb. Whether we did it or Israel it doesn't matter, the administration has at least supported it it many ways I'm sure.

It just helps to remember that when looking at Paul. What needs to be done, will get done. The real gem of Paul's proposal is to drastically reduce our presence in non-essential locations such as Europe, Japan and Korea. That's where the real money drain is. The more I look at Paul the more I start to believe his polices could actually make us stronger not weaker.

Last edited: