• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Romney, the Fantastic Flip-Flopping Failure?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
To start, he's a video:

The Ultimate Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection - YouTube

Now as a Masshole (for the foreigners, a citizen of the state of Massachusetts) I've been surprised at Romney's magical change of opinions on a whole assortment of issues these past few years. I think it's a reason that Republicans as well as Democrats are going to have a hard time voting for him since he's clearly changing some of his views to get more Republican votes. Simply put, forgetting just Romney, how could you vote for a politician like this? Now yeah, he's definitely not the first 'flip-flopper' and he certainly won't be the last, but it's hard to believe that many things he used to commonly support he all of a sudden doesn't anymore.

It even seems according the Libertarian Party of Washington State that Romney shouldn't even qualify as a nominee.

Lastly, contrary to what some people believe is popular opinion, the entire democratic party does not believe Barack Obama is the next coming of Jesus. There's a lot of room for Republicans to steal votes but with someone like Romney, a candidate they don't even like themselves all that much (sounding kind of like McCain, right?) how can they expect to win? Paul Ryan? Not likely. It seems to me like the republicans are retreating more and more each year deeper into their respective side of the spectrum and ignoring some better candidates like Huntsman who is more center but holds a lot of strong right wing values.

So I guess this isn't entirely about Mitt but he's certainly putting on a good display.

What do you think about Mitt and other politicians who seem to change their opinions to gain favor? Could you ever trust them to run the country or to fight for what they claim they're going to?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Man, I thought this was in sub-talk. Since 0bama is a complete and utter failure the only thing democrats have is to attack Mittle any way they can, even if they have to make shit up.

So what about his changing positions. When he gets elected it is up to US to keep him on the right path. We need to elect a congress that will follow the constitution and drag Romney to the right.

As for Huntsman: :spin: :lol:
That was good for a laugh.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Since 0bama is a complete and utter failure the only thing democrats have it to attack Mittle any way they can, even if they have to make shit up.
Is that a complete sentence? Seriously, I'm not sure what you're saying here, I think you missed a word or something.

Either way, I'm sure it was meant to be an insult to the left. Predictable. I'm not sure where the 'make shit up' part comes from since this isn't being made up, Mitt is a pretty well known flopper and the right was not shy about calling McCain out on it.

Are they really willing to sacrifice their beliefs just to get Obama out of office? Because I think that's the sign of a desperate and dying party.

So what about his changing positions. When he gets elected it is up to US to keep him on the right path. We need to elect a congress that will follow the constitution and drag Romney to the right.
So you have no problem with a leader whom you cannot trust since he changes his opinions to cater to a party that would not have cast even 30% of their vote for him? I mean, he's a republican from Massachusetts, I would have figured that you of all people would be mocking him so hard his ears fell off. I don't know why some of the right wing is so willing to trust him just to get rid of Obama. It's actually really scary when you think about it.

Also, it's not mystery how you feel about Obama and you're constantly claiming how much of a liar, a corrupter and 'snake-in-the-grass' he is yet you have no problem with Mitt doing the same thing so he can get your vote?

Depressing.

Frenzy

Registered Member
To be honest I did not even finish the video. for that matter I did not need to even start it to know exactly where it was going. I have stated in another thread I personally am unimpressed with Romney. Since his bid to candidacy if you have payed much attention at all to him, he back tracks entirely to much. He says one thing then later directly contradicts it. I think I said in the other thread he reminds me of a used car dealer who is trying to hard (or something to that effect) And no, I am by far NOT an Oboma supporter.

As a voter I am left with 2 legitimate choices. (besides write ins which IMHO is a wasted vote by anyone who does it) I will vote for Romney ONLY because he is not Oboma who I already know is going to do nothing good for America. I will roll the dice on Romney, and that is exactly how casting a vote for him feels to me, and I honestly think if Romney fails to deliver for the American people (not big business) in his 4 years people may finally start to wake up and see the entire Democrat/Republican party systems will not work and perhaps then finally we can select from real Statesmen and not agenda based, party loyal politicians.

I also agree Republicans overlook great candidates simply because they do not follow 100% of the Republican protocol, which incidentally is the exact candidate I would support. With Romney it's like they are saying "Well we will just give people a choice of Oboma, who everyone knows won't do anything good for America or Romney who no one knows what he stands for, but he's a loyal Party member... "

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Fix'd

I guess people aren't paying attention to 0bama's campaign. Why they have suggested Romney is a felon, tax cheat, dog torturer, and murderer of women with cancer. They have no record of success to run on so they can only attack Romney and Ryan, even if they have to lie.

Where have I been a Romney cheerleader? Being the lesser of two evils is hardly a ringing endorsement.

What is truly depressing is people who will vote for high unemployment, low workforce participation, debt and deficit without a budget, dividing Americans into groups and pitting their interests against each other, class warfare, record food stamp, and the worst recovery in American history. Just wait until the bill comes due.

Remember when 0bama was a "christian" who believed in marriage between a man and woman? I guess he's not a flip flopper.
Talk about a desperate and failing party.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
To be honest I did not even finish the video. for that matter I did not need to even start it to know exactly where it was going. I have stated in another thread I personally am unimpressed with Romney. Since his bid to candidacy if you have payed much attention at all to him, he back tracks entirely to much. He says one thing then later directly contradicts it. I think I said in the other thread he reminds me of a used car dealer who is trying to hard (or something to that effect) And no, I am by far NOT an Oboma supporter.
It's funny because you're at least the fifth person I know who has said he reminds them of a used car salesman. Kind of tells you what kind of person people think he is, right? I just wouldn't want to vote for a guy who is going to tell me what I want so he can get my vote and then most likely flop again when he reaches office.

I will roll the dice on Romney, and that is exactly how casting a vote for him feels to me, and I honestly think if Romney fails to deliver for the American people (not big business) in his 4 years people may finally start to wake up and see the entire Democrat/Republican party systems will not work and perhaps then finally we can select from real Statesmen and not agenda based, party loyal politicians.
I'd love to believe that in my lifetime, I'd see the death of the two party system but there's just so money involved and so much corruption and vested interests that I can't see it ever breaking apart. I don't want to vote Obama but I'm leaning towards him just because I've lived under him in this state for some time now and I just can't get behind him.

I also agree Republicans overlook great candidates simply because they do not follow 100% of the Republican protocol, which incidentally is the exact candidate I would support. With Romney it's like they are saying "Well we will just give people a choice of Oboma, who everyone knows won't do anything good for America or Romney who no one knows what he stands for, but he's a loyal Party member... "
I think it's what is going to kill their party and will eventually kill the two party system is the need for extremism to 'balance the political weights' so to say. They seem to believe they need some neoconservatism counter the democratic weight as of late and I don't think they see how that's just going to hurt them.

It's sad that so many politicians of all colors measure each others' worth based on how many issues they agree with their party on.
------
Remember when 0bama was a "christian" who believed in marriage between a man and woman? I guess he's not a flip flopper.
Talk about a desperate and failing party.
Who in this thread said he wasn't a flip flopper? Because I can tell you the answer is zero.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think Mitt's a real conservative and I'm going to vote for him. I could be wrong. I'll go as far as to say I'm likely wrong. But I only have 2 choices, so I'm going with Mitt and hoping for the best. I'm no Republican, but one thing I love about the Republican party is they will vote someone out of a seat and replace them with someone else. That's how Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, the guy that beat Dick Lugar and a host of others that i can't think of got their seats over the past few years.

I probably won't stick a Romney sticker on my car or donate, but I don't care if its raining fire and brimstone, I will make it to the polls and pull the lever for Romney.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There's no doubt Romney is a flip flopper, I don't really trust the guy. But he isn't Obama and I'd vote for Bozo the Clown over Obama so unfortunately is looks like Romney is getting my vote. While he is a flip flopper, I do think he would make better decisions regarding upstarting our economy. It isn't fair to put it all on one man and there are thousands of variables that affect a nations economy, but that one man can certainly make things worse which Obama has certainly done. So I'm stuck with the lesser of two evils.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There are some things that even if Romney is a flip-flopper(which he is), I wholeheartedly think he will do. I think he will make the Bush tax cuts permanent. He will lower corporate tax to 25%. He will repatriation overseas wealth(There's trillions sitting overseas waiting to come back to America under a repatriation deal). He will eliminate the estate tax. He will lower tax on dividend.
There's a lot of things I hope he will do such as end ObamaCare, deal with entitlements and deregulate/shrink federal government. The Ryan pick got me excited and I really hope he follows through on these things.

So if I take all of the things that I wholeheartedly think Romney will do and compare that to what I know Obama will do, its the easiest choice I've ever made. I know Obama is going to jack taxes. That's his platform. That's not going to help me and its not going to help the country.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't be voting for Romney not that I think Obama is that great. I have no idea what the man stands for. I have a feeling the only one's he will be concerned about is the wealthy. I'm wondering why he won't release his tax returns if he has nothing to hide. He seems to think its no ones business even though he is running for president and we are suppose to trust him.

I have to wonder if Israel will bomb Iran if he does win too. He has already promised our support to them if they do. Can we really afford to have another republican starting wars? That's part of what got us in the economic position that we are in now. But hey, we can always cut medicare and social security benefits.