• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rollins injured knee or work?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rollins just tweeted a photo of his leg wrapped up and the note "Wish I could say it was all a bad dream."

Still not sure if it's a work or not, but saw a few people reporting it as a legit injury.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
That's a legit injury. It happened when Samoa Joe locked in the Coquina Clutch on him as his leg was trapped in an awkward position. If you rewatch the tape of the segment, at one point you hear Joe ask him "Are you okay" and Seth answers "I hope so". You even hear Seth yelling "OW!" when Joe flips down to lock in the Coquina Clutch.

No timeframe yet for how much time he'll miss but it's likely that he's gonna miss Wrestlemania again this year.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It might not rule him out of Wrestlemania but they'd really need to make sure that Seth's knee would be strong enough to clear him for Mania. You know that even with that injury, Seth will go balls out in this one against Triple H.

Heard that they could do Samoa Joe vs Triple H instead if Seth isn't clear. Or move Joe to Smackdown Live where he was supposed to be first.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I would absolutely love Joe vs. Triple H but I feel like the window is too small.

I really wish they'd go Roman v. Triple H (mainly because I'm horrified at the rumors it will be Roman v. Undertaker) and work more towards making Roman into a beast like they did when he was over for like, two weeks.

Rollins has quickly become one of my top 3, despite how bad he is as a face sometimes. I hope we see him soon but I don't want him to rush either. I don't need to see another Daniel Bryan situation in my lifetime and wonder how great Rollins could have truly been.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it’s true that he will be back in time for Wrestlemania, then the WWE can use this to their advantage. Have HHH come out every other week, and say how easily he was able to take out Rollins, and if he did it himself he would have been even easier. Something of that nature.

Then have Rollins show up at WM while HHH is in the ring. The place would explode.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So lame this happened to Seth again...timing wise might work out for him to be back in time but I wouldnt be surprised if they went another direction.

There is a Shane v HHH rumor too

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Rollins is one of my favorites so I hate seeing this happen to him again. Joe is too, and I feel bad for him with these injuries that have happened because he's been a good worker for all of his career IMHO. I don't think they should rush Rollins back and risk further injury. I also selfishly hope Joe gets a good program for Mania after such a huge debut.