Rolling Stone chooses the top 10 Beatles songs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a big fan of Rolling Stone magazine choosing top ten songs of The Beatles, I don't believe that they have knowledge of what a good song is, but that's just my opinion since I thought their list of the Top 500 songs of all-time was terrible.

None the less, here is a look at their rankings.

Rolling Stone chooses the top 10 Beatles songs - Things That Go Pop!

Some definite good songs on there, but I think Hey Jude should be in the top three, in my opinion it's one of the greatest written songs of all-time.

Thoughts on the list?

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm not a fan of the Beatles, so this list doesn't phase me at all. But I'm surprised that I didn't see Yellow Submarine or Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Brigade on the list. The only ones that I actually did recognize on there were Hey Jude and I want to hold your hand and Come Together. I really thought that I would have recognized more than that with this being the top ten list.

I do have to agree with you on that they couldn't tell a good song if they were singing it themselves, though.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Some definite good songs on there, but I think Hey Jude should be in the top three, in my opinion it's one of the greatest written songs of all-time.

Thoughts on the list?
I agree seems silly it's so far down.

Strawberry fields forever is not my favourite song ever so I would have hoped it was further down...but meh.

Also where the jumbly fuck is eleanor rigby.....hmph

I like all those songs but it seems like they picked the more generic ones, mostly. Still good tunes but yeah, they missed a load of really awesome ones. Though having said that, it would be impossible to pick just 10 Beatles' songs and not leave a huge amount of great ones out.

Millz

Monday Night Rollins
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think I could make a top 10 list myself...like Rebecca said there are just too many good ones to pick from. I have a couple personal favorites that aren't on there but that'll happen when you've got 5 million awesome songs.

Fyi, I dislike the song, Yellow Submarine. The drugs those guys must have been on for that one must have been off the charts haha.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I agree with Bex, they're all pretty generic. The only two on that list that I really like are Something and In My Life. But Something isn't even the best song on Abbey Road. I just recently found out that George Harrison wrote it about Patti Boyd. I did not know that. She must be a pretty special lady.

I was thinking the other day that Yesterday is just about the most cliched overplayed Beatles song there is. I don't care for it one bit.

I'm partial to Norwegian Wood myself; I'm kind of surprised that wasn't on there. I'm curious as to what was the criteria and who decided on it.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I agree with Bex, they're all pretty generic. The only two on that list that I really like are Something and In My Life. But Something isn't even the best song on Abbey Road. I just recently found out that George Harrison wrote it about Patti Boyd. I did not know that. She must be a pretty special lady.

I was thinking the other day that Yesterday is just about the most cliched overplayed Beatles song there is. I don't care for it one bit.

I'm partial to Norwegian Wood myself; I'm kind of surprised that wasn't on there. I'm curious as to what was the criteria and who decided on it.
I love that song so much. Although it makes me cry.

I agree though it would be nice to know what they were judged on