Rolling Stone chooses the top 10 Beatles songs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a big fan of Rolling Stone magazine choosing top ten songs of The Beatles, I don't believe that they have knowledge of what a good song is, but that's just my opinion since I thought their list of the Top 500 songs of all-time was terrible.

None the less, here is a look at their rankings.

Rolling Stone chooses the top 10 Beatles songs - Things That Go Pop!

Some definite good songs on there, but I think Hey Jude should be in the top three, in my opinion it's one of the greatest written songs of all-time.

Thoughts on the list?

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I'm not a fan of the Beatles, so this list doesn't phase me at all. But I'm surprised that I didn't see Yellow Submarine or Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Brigade on the list. The only ones that I actually did recognize on there were Hey Jude and I want to hold your hand and Come Together. I really thought that I would have recognized more than that with this being the top ten list.

I do have to agree with you on that they couldn't tell a good song if they were singing it themselves, though.

3. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I agree seems silly it's so far down.

Strawberry fields forever is not my favourite song ever so I would have hoped it was further down...but meh.

Also where the jumbly fuck is eleanor rigby.....hmph

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I like all those songs but it seems like they picked the more generic ones, mostly. Still good tunes but yeah, they missed a load of really awesome ones. Though having said that, it would be impossible to pick just 10 Beatles' songs and not leave a huge amount of great ones out.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think I could make a top 10 list myself...like Rebecca said there are just too many good ones to pick from. I have a couple personal favorites that aren't on there but that'll happen when you've got 5 million awesome songs.

Fyi, I dislike the song, Yellow Submarine. The drugs those guys must have been on for that one must have been off the charts haha.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree with Bex, they're all pretty generic. The only two on that list that I really like are Something and In My Life. But Something isn't even the best song on Abbey Road. I just recently found out that George Harrison wrote it about Patti Boyd. I did not know that. She must be a pretty special lady.

I was thinking the other day that Yesterday is just about the most cliched overplayed Beatles song there is. I don't care for it one bit.

I'm partial to Norwegian Wood myself; I'm kind of surprised that wasn't on there. I'm curious as to what was the criteria and who decided on it.

7. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I love that song so much. Although it makes me cry.

I agree though it would be nice to know what they were judged on